Il Terrazzo | Victoria | Johnson Street

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

I searched under the real name. I guess a thread under the misspelled name exists.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:38 PM

I had the wrong link in my initial post, it's been fixed.  Yeah, the VV search is almost worthless.  The correct link is below, how about combining them?  I'd like to post some food pics for ASE and all.

Edited by Gary H, 03 November 2016 - 05:52 PM.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

I had the wrong link in my initial post, it's been fixed.  Yeah, the VV search is almost worthless.  The correct link is below, how about combining them?  I'd like to post some food pics for ASE and all.

http://http://vibran...on-street/?p=19

That link is dead too.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

It is for me as well now.

#25 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

OK, we've merged now.  All good.

• Nparker likes this

#26 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

All very good to know as we just booked our staff Christmas party: its signed and sealed now just hoping I-T can "deliver", as its been a very long time since I've personally been there. Liking the comments thus far though....

Sorry will never go again... tried to book my teams Christmas lunch at 2:00 and got nothing but flack about being a large party and showing up at that time ("well we close at 3:00 so you will have to be out by then").Sorry but you have forgotten what your in business for and you just lost 13 people who are now unimpressed by their version of customer service.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

Sorry will never go again... tried to book my teams Christmas lunch at 2:00 and got nothing but flack about being a large party and showing up at that time ("well we close at 3:00 so you will have to be out by then").Sorry but you have forgotten what your in business for and you just lost 13 people who are now unimpressed by their version of customer service.

They do not like large groups, so be it.  Who wants to go to a sexy place like that with 18 people anyway?

Large groups block off big spaces, put pressure on the kitchen by ordering at once, and are the worst tippers. Plus parts of the party will show up late, so their spend-per-seat-hour is terrible compared to a couple in for a romantic dinner.  And your group might be freaking loud, a couple in for a romantic dinner is not.  It's better not to cater to them, to be blunt.   That's the way high end restaurants work.  Take your group to Red Robin.

• Matt R. likes this

#28 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

They do not like large groups, so be it.  Who wants to go to a sexy place like that with 18 people anyway?  Large groups block off big spaces, put pressure on the kitchen by ordering at once, and are the worst tippers.  It's better not to cater to them, to be blunt. 

I go alone sit at the bar and order the seared venison loin scaloppini, best dish in town.

• Nparker likes this

#29 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:58 PM

^^At lunch? Come on now.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 03 November 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#30 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

^^At lunch? Come on now.

Ya, it's perhaps also a staffing nightmare.  Your group makes 3 people stay past their normal hours.  You already admitted you want to stay past their open hours (or are sour they told you when their lunch ended).  That's hell to get people to do that in restaurants, to stay irregular daytime hours (it's easier at night).

#31 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

I go alone sit at the bar and order the seared venison loin scaloppini, best dish in town.

It makes your mouth water doesn't it?  I think I recommended this dish for your venison quest on another thread.   :)

The thing about Il Terrazzo is their consistency.  I think they've had the same head chef since they opened and he runs the place like a Gordon Ramsey.  The menu rarely changes so I'll post some of our favorites in another post.

Cervo $32  Seared venison loin scaloppini, sour cherries, pickled ginger, balsamic vinegar and green peppercorns.  Served with butternut squash cannelloni

30676170841_90e59f191a_h.jpg

Edited by Gary H, 03 November 2016 - 06:12 PM.

• johnk likes this

#32 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

No I didn't admit anything. It was stuffed down my throat before I could say anything. I wentered to there website, already knew the hours and large party rules. But didn't even get a chance. I was going to preorder, and have everyone there on time. But no, they just rudely said (paraphrase) "not interested.

So if some one shows up at 10 till 3:00 it's okay to tell the customer no?

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

No I didn't admit anything. It was stuffed down my throat before I could say anything. I wentered to there website, already knew the hours and large party rules. But didn't even get a chance. I was going to preorder, and have everyone there on time. But no, they just rudely said (paraphrase) "not interested.

It's easy to tell the customer whatever they want when they phone/enquire.  But it's hard (hell) to make tough orders happen when it come to the day you are there.  For many places, why not take the easier path, keep their staff happy, and do not set unrealistic expectations of guests?

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:16 PM

...and have everyone there on time. 

In theory that's great, in practice it never happens.  People are dicks.

• Jill likes this

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

The customer is not always right.  This place has been open for 24 years.  It puts it in the 1% of longevity in this town.  What they are doing is best for all.

#36 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

Yeah my other half was 30 years food and beverage management at some pretty high end places.. he found their stance a little off putting as well.

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:20 PM

Yeah my other half was 30 years food and beverage management at some pretty high end places.. he found their stance a little off putting as well.

Tell it to the 3,000 other places that have opened and closed in town, while IT has been around for 24 years.

#38 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

The customer is not always right. This place has been open for 24 years. It puts it in the 1% of longevity in this town. What they are doing is best for all.

Yeah and I lived in NYC for 8 years and I find the place a bit of a let down. I actually never go there and was biting the bullet for the team.

My perspective on what's a good restaurant and what passes as a good restaurant here in Victoria do not mesh.

#39 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

My perspective on what's a good restaurant and what passes as a good restaurant here in Victoria do not mesh.

Oh, I can agree with that.

Also not trying to be hard on you here sd.  I appreciate what you are saying, I just disagree a bit.

#40 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

^which is shocking to me you being a the major capitalist you are. Thought you would be all about making the money.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users