Whole Foods Market in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#81 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

What a difference a couple of months make. I was at WF the other day and the place was empty. 

The other day? You mean like the height of Snowmageddon 2017? ;)

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#82 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

The other day? You mean like the height of Snowmageddon 2017? ;)

No offence but when was the last time you visited WF?

#83 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

I am there a couple time a month... always busy on weekends
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#84 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

Last Sunday afternoon just for giggles I tried parking in the Uptown lot so I could finally work out in my gym for the first time on a weekend in over a month and much to my mild surprise there was no parking chaos, no flag girls, and no general 'auto-related mayhem' it seems since WF opened. Don't know if that was a one-off but I am looking forward to trying again this weekend.

#85 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

I will be very surprised if they don't operate at
a loss until the pull the plug and leave altogether.

#86 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

I love Whole Foods ... best vegan muffin around.

Attached Images

• muffin 1.jpg
  • muffin 2.JPG

• Mr.B likes this

#87 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

No offence but when was the last time you visited WF?

Wow, who pissed in your organic corn flakes? Just a joke about the lack of people ANYWHERE in the last few days.

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#88 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Here right now, not really certain were pepole are getting the store isn't doing well thing. It's packed in here.

#89 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

I've been three times in the last month. If by "packed in here" you mean 30 people, then it was also packed when I was there.

Edited by Dr. Barillas, 30 March 2017 - 02:51 PM.

• Nparker likes this

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#90 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

No I mean it was more then 30 people... but that was a Saturday at lunch time.

#91 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

I've never seen more than 20 people in Quality Foods at VGH and I go there a lot.
  • Dr. Barillas likes this

#92 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

Try Saturday mornings at QF during the $5 breakfast. Not a chair empty in the restaurant.
  • nagel likes this

#93 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

I've never seen more than 20 people in Quality Foods at VGH and I go there a lot.

Not a surprise. The population of Victoria and Saanich is growing minimally yet it seems that we have doubled the number of grocery stores and sq footage over the past few years. What did they think, that people would start eating more or eating out less because we had more food available? I think that QF (Eagle Creek) and WF are both done. Jimmy won't be running any stores at a loss.

#94 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

Whole Foods had a standard complement of shoppers when I was there this weekend. Not crowded, not uncrowded. The grocery shoppers that I was with parked beneath the store, and I have to say that lot is probably the most convenient parking access that any business anywhere has ever offered since the beginning of time. Unbelievably convenient almost to the point of absurdity.

#95 Mr.B

Mr.B
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:58 AM

Whole Foods had a standard complement of shoppers when I was there this weekend. Not crowded, not uncrowded. The grocery shoppers that I was with parked beneath the store, and I have to say that lot is probably the most convenient parking access that any business anywhere has ever offered since the beginning of time. Unbelievably convenient almost to the point of absurdity.

Don't give away the (not so) secret prime parking aastra! ;)  Underground, right next to the entrance... mint parking :)

The comments here regarding how 'busy' or 'not busy' WF is are pretty comical... l mean, based on the hours that grocery stores are open these days (WF 7am-10pm 7 days a week) you're going to spread your client base out pretty well, and there are always going to be peak/slow shopping times, no matter what grocery store you choose to shop at.

l think its great that the economy on the island can support a new store (brand)... is it the best option for everyone, likely not... but it offers just that, another option. 

• bluefox, sdwright.vic, shoeflack and 1 other like this

#96 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

Each time I'm in there is about as busy as I would expect a grocery store to be. It's a massive store, so shoppers are definitely more spread out than they would be in a small store like most Thrifty's or Fairways stores.

• sdwright.vic and RoadRunner like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#97 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

I agree. I think they are holding their own. The lunch crowd seems the the food options as well. But then I also don't find them that expensive on anything I would buy there, which is pretty much just the outside areas. I don't do cans or boxes. :P

Edited by sdwright.vic, 18 April 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#98 SpongeG

SpongeG
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

post-388-0-35384900-1486763225.jpg

those look pretty easy to forge

#99 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

those look pretty easy to forge

They have a stamp now

#100 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

Each time I'm in there is about as busy as I would expect a grocery store to be. It's a massive store, so shoppers are definitely more spread out than they would be in a small store like most Thrifty's or Fairways stores.

Could be. There are a lot of very well connected people on this board and there are lots of sources of information about any business. Most people with access to information wouldn't burn their source so they would probably dance around the topic a little.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users