986 Heywood
Use: condo
Address: 986 Heywood Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 4
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
986 Heywood is a four-storey condominium building along the 900-block of Heywood Avenue in the City of Victori... (view full profile)
Learn more about 986 Heywood on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] 986 Heywood | Condos | 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

For example, imagine a property somewhere that has a little wartime house* on it and a large backyard. The owner of the property wants to subdivide and build two new houses. How about giving him a perk to encourage the relocation of the old Heywood House to one part of the property?

*no offense to the little wartime house

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

Does anyone know if there are plans to relocate the existing SFHs on this site?  The one on the right in NParker's photo above is quite appealing and could potentially be converted into character condos at another location if the house is moved...

That was the first step of the development planning process. Unfortunately, the homes cannot be moved offsite without removing several trees in the park to accommodate the process.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

I still say it would be seriously innovative if Victoria & Oak Bay & Esquimalt could come up with some initiative to encourage the relocation & preservation of these sorts of houses within Victoria & Oak Bay & Esquimalt, and maybe also within Saanich or other municipalities in Victoria.

I'm not talking about encouraging the removal & relocation of older houses as a matter of course. I'm talking about encouraging the relocation and preservation of older houses when those houses are slated for redevelopment and nothing stands in the way to prevent it re: heritage designations, etc. it would be nice if the parties involved could be rewarded for not demolishing character homes, is my point. Redistributing the character houses around town would be much better than demolishing them outright.

Why would you move them? If they are viable and worth saving - leave them where they are. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#24 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:20 PM

Why move them? Progress.  Cities evolve to meet the needs of today and tomorrow. Certainly historical and significant structures should be protected, but a balance will see buildings such as these small homes give way to a new era which will meet he needs of a Vibrant Victoria.

• VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

#25 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

That pinky-coloured house has always been one of my favorites. What a crime if it is to be torn down.

#26 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:54 AM

This goes to Committee of the Whole this Thursday...

#27 GRT

GRT
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

This goes to Committee of the Whole this Thursday...

Any feedback on what happened?

#28 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

I don't think it made it onto the agenda from what I watched

#29 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

A sales centre is opening on Fort St.  Near London Chef.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#30 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

I've heard the final meeting with city council is third week of May.  This project will bring some new life to the other side of Beacon Hill Park, just like the Duet and 200 Douglas have done.  Both great looking builds.

Tri-Eagle has come up with a very handsome building that is in scale with the surroundings

#31 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

...Tri-Eagle has come up with a very handsome building that is in scale with the surroundings

I am curious what the NIMBY arguments will be against this one.

#32 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Four stories is way too tall.....should be two stories :)

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#33 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:05 PM

Four stories is way too tall.....should be two stories :)

Even that may be two tall!
  • Nparker likes this

#34 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

Perhaps NIMBY's should count underground parking levels and call the building a 4+2

#35 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

Perhaps NIMBY's should count underground parking levels and call the building a 4+2

Don't give them any ideas.

#36 GRT

GRT
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

A sales centre is opening on Fort St.  Near London Chef.

http://986heywood.com/

#37 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Per the recent email that went out to those who registered on the project site: 

• Sales Centre will open in June
  • Units will be priced at $900 - $1200 per square foot

Perhaps the majority of units will be priced at over $1 million

#38 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

Yikes. Sounds mid-to-high end.

#39 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

What did the Falls go for when it was first built?  I seem to remember people being shocked it went as high as $500 a sq. ft. ?

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#40 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

What did the Falls go for when it was first built?  I seem to remember people being shocked it went as high as $500 a sq. ft. ?

The Falls had something that does not yet exist for 986 Heywood:  a haiku poem attached to their marketing materials.  It was:

Pure flow beautiful

A study of glass and sky

Listen waterfalls

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users