The Promise of Electoral Reform

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

But if it was only the NDP that was pushing it, why would the Liberals have promised it?

To get NDP votes? :teacher:

• bluefox likes this

#22 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:14 PM

Well I could understand that, but then why not just drop it after the election like most other promises?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#23 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

So that postcard we got in the mail is intentionally vague/deceitful!  What a joke!

• jonny likes this

#24 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

But if it was only the NDP that was pushing it, why would the Liberals have promised it?

Why do politicians of any stripe "promise" anything LJ? Political expediency perhaps?

Donald Trump advocated building a wall between the US and Mexico during the run-up to their election; he's already waffling on it. Anyone really think he'll follow through and actually build it? As a visiting Chinese billionaire said during the US campaign when asked about some of Trump's more outrageous comments "Oh...it's just politics!".

Trudeau has enough wherewithal I'm sure to know as candidate Trudeau - as opposed to PM Trudeau - he can essentially say or promise anything when trying to get elected and in the event he wins and backs off later, well he has ~ 4 years to overcome any backlash from voters. And as we all know in this country regardless of what so-called "progressive" <cough> voters want in BC if the turkey don't fly or resonate especially with the majority of people in Central and Eastern Canada, it ain't gonna fly period....

#25 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

I’m not convinced Trudeau (or even Trump for that matter) really expected to get elected, which makes his election promises that much more dubious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users