[Colwood] Royal Roads University | Construction and campus infrastructure

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

Another shocking thing is how few FN people you see in the professional world. In my career, I bet I have come across fewer than 15 or 20.

And I'll bet if you polled them, the vast majority grew up and/or were schooled off-reserve.

A study released Thursday by the research group found that only four of 10 young adults living on reserves across the country have finished high school.

http://www.theglobea...rticle28427544/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

So why is there so little economic activity on most FN land? 

For many, it's simply poor location.  

But then for some, they even seemed to have missed the boat somehow.

https://en.wikipedia...ritish_Columbia

Although it is fairly close to Whistler, the community is not much reliant on the tourist industry. Most tourist industry in Mount Currie comes from outdoor activities in the nearby Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, the Birkenhead River or the Skookumchuck Hot Springs.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#23 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:25 AM

Thank you to Linear Thinker for the heads-up!

Royal-Roads-university.jpg

Royal Roads mulls new office complex for 150 university workers

• Linear Thinker likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users