APPROVED
Christie Point, building A
Use: rental
Address: Craigowen Road
Municipality: View Royal
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Christie Point, building A, is a six-storey purpose-built rental complex part of the eight-phase Christie Poin... (view full profile)
Learn more about Christie Point, building A on Citified.ca
Photo

[View Royal] Christie Point

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:00 AM

I can confirm there are shared laundry facilities on each floor.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#62 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

There someone on CFAX today talking about the new design being higher than the trees, and that when those units on the top floor turn on their lights at night, that it would not be safe for the migrating birds.

Won't someone think about the birds and the trees and the lights at night when birds are in flight.  

• Nparker, rjag, AllseeingEye and 3 others like this

#63 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

/\.....between the Sooke Hills, children and now migratory birds its clearly a miracle anything is ever approved in Fairy-tale-Land-by-the Sea.....

• Nparker and jonny like this

#64 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

...when those units on the top floor turn on their lights at night, that it would not be safe for the migrating birds.

Why are migrating birds in the top floor units in the first place? That's taking short-term vacation rentals way too far.

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker, sebberry and 4 others like this

#65 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

Does anyone know what happened at the Public Hearing?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#66 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone know what happened at the Public Hearing?

It's coming up still.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#67 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

That's taking short-term vacation rentals way too far.

A true Aerial Bird and Breakfast stopover.

#68 nerka

nerka
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

Looks like a great proposal. When I moved to Victoria nine years ago I remember cruising around so many neighbourhoods looking where we might want to live. I thought the peninsula looked cool on the map so drove out there. Needless to say exceedingly underwhelmed with what was there. 

I agree with Dasmo that in the short term this will remove some affordable units, but in the long term increasing the supply in prime locations like this makes all kinds of sense.

Not a bad location to cycle downtown from. Only need to go on Craigflower from Admirals to Tillicum really. Rail Trail close by in the other direction.  Shops close at hand.  Kids can swim to school. What's not to like? 

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#69 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

How many kids do you think swim to school?  Plus that's where I'm opening my jet ski rental business.  It can be quite dangerous to the craft when it hits small swimming children.  Peels the fiberglass on the hull right back.  

• johnk likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#70 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Holy cow, talk about irresponsible. Why don't those jet skis have protective bumpers? And why aren't those swimming kids wearing helmets?

#71 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

Kids can swim to school.

I don't know, that water is cold. You're not worried about your kids being too cool for school?

• Matt R. likes this

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

IKR? It's bad enough with all the freakin' birds around there.  They tend to congregate there for some reason, even in duck hunting season.  At least I thought it was duck hunting season.  It was a bit hard to tell, as I was the only one really there firing off my buckshot last week.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 16 June 2017 - 01:04 PM.

#73 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

Kids can swim to school.

So in order to get to school they would have to swim in a school? What if the school arrives late at school?

Teacher: Johnny, you're late for school. Where were you?

Johnny: I was in the school.

This could get really confusing. It's like the first day of school all over again.

• lanforod and nerka like this

#74 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Realstar agrees to grandfather rents for 20 per cent of Christie Point residents

http://www.vicnews.c...oint-residents/

#75 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

Realstar agrees to grandfather rents for 20 per cent of Christie Point residents

http://www.vicnews.c...oint-residents/

What about the grandmothers?

#76 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Even though the current complex is a bit of a dump, and the rents low because of that dumpy presentation ... and even though the concept of almost 1000 people living their soiled little lives on a narrow, relatively small, ecologically sensitive peninsula sticking out into Portage Inlet is pretty ridiculous in its own right ... the real disgusting part of this entire process is the endless drooling and almost palpable sweating from Screech and his council, who apparently can't wait to kick these current "low rent" View Royal residents out, in order to get some newer, "better" View Royal residents in ... with gobs more tax dollars in the deal for View Royal as well.

Talk about dropping your current constituents like a hot potato for all the wrong reasons, it seems Screech and company are "not so secretly" planning their future on a richer, far better class of View Royal resident down the road ... at least "richer" a "better class" than those folks living in Christie Point today.

#77 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,678 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

Now that Esquimalt has approved the conversion of the former Econolodge on Craigflower to rental apartments, it seems like the perfect transition for the residents of Christie Point if they are looking for equivalent accommodation as they currently have. Problem solved.

#78 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

How many kids do you think swim to school?  Plus that's where I'm opening my jet ski rental business.  It can be quite dangerous to the craft when it hits small swimming children.  Peels the fiberglass on the hull right back.

Plus, you have to hose guts n' stuff off.

#79 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

Holy cow, talk about irresponsible. Why don't those jet skis have protective bumpers? And why aren't those swimming kids wearing helmets?

So in order to get to school they would have to swim in a school? What if the school arrives late at school?

Teacher: Johnny, you're late for school. Where were you?
Johnny: I was in the school.

This could get really confusing. It's like the first day of school all over again.

"And the ducks ate my homework!"
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#80 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:37 AM

Approved in a 3-2 vote last night.

• Nparker and jonny like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users