• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

I just want to know who to call when they tear down the screen.  I could use an upgrade :) 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#22 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

You know, after years and years of thinking I'd buy an annual pass, I finally did this year.  $51 and change, it really is a great deal.  When I was talking to the lady that processed me, she said that back in the olden days, they'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 Hollywood films per year.  Now they have one or two going near constant.  This week they have the Magnificent Seven plus The Secret Life of Pets.  So the pass gets you into them for just $5 each.  Plus the pass gives you food/drink upgrades, and gets discounts in the shop, plus a discount for a non-pass holder(s) (unlimited guests) that's coming with you.  

I'm looking forward to lot of movie this year.  Oh, I read last week that the passes were 80% sold, not sure how much longer you can get one.

http://imaxvictoria.com/annual-pass/

What else is included with your 2017 Annual Pass?

• $5 Admission to Hollywood films.
• 20% discount for friends to see a film with you. Read More
• Free upsizing to the next size on pop & popcorn.
• Exclusive advance film screenings with guest speakers. Read More
• Unlimited admission to traditional films in the Spring Film Festival. Read More
• 15% discount on regular priced merchandise in the National Geographic Store.
• 20% discount on Royal BC Museum admissions Upcoming Exhibitions
• 10% discount in the Royal BC Museum Shop.

http://imaxvictoria.com/annual-pass/

Guests receive a 20% discount on individual film admissions when attending with an Annual Pass holder. This discount is available online through Annual Pass ticketing, as well as at the box office.

• Nparker and http like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#23 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

Did VV really not have an IMAX thread until today?

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

Did VV really not have an IMAX thread until today?

Well, "IMAX" did not come up in the search, but we know it's not the most robust search feature.

• Nparker and http like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#25 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

me and the Mrs got passes this year. Definitely a good deal!

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#26 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Here's a tip.  For some of the more popular Hollywood movies there are line ups and if you don't come early you will get a bad seat.  So, buy your ticket for the Hollywood Movie and the Imax before it. Go to the Imax and then stay for the Movie after.  You will always get your favourite seat.

I have to sit in the top two rows or I get a headache.

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker, Jill and 1 other like this

#27 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

I used to live further down Douglas St from there, near the park, and for a few years had a yearly IMAX pass. Got a good bit of use out of it, as on weekends if I had nothing else to do I'd walk down and take in a feature or two (or go for the occasional feature film). One of the things I miss from living in that area.

#28 CuriousCat

CuriousCat
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

Here's a tip.  For some of the more popular Hollywood movies there are line ups and if you don't come early you will get a bad seat.  So, buy your ticket for the Hollywood Movie and the Imax before it. Go to the Imax and then stay for the Movie after.  You will always get your favourite seat.

I have to sit in the top two rows or I get a headache.

Actually, this used to work well for us last year until about October when they introduced reserved seating for most Hollywood films. So if the Hollywood movie you want to see is reserved seating, then you will need to exit the theatre and wait in line and you'll get what's left over. Unless of course, you pay the extra dollar to buy your ticket online and reserve your seat. :P

#29 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

Can't you buy the Hollywood in person (including seat selection) when you arrive for the last IMAX?

#30 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

So the pass gets you into them for just $5 each.  Plus the pass gives you food/drink upgrades, and gets discounts in the shop, plus a discount for a non-pass holder(s) (unlimited guests) that's coming with you. 

Yep, been enjoying this for years! And BTW non-3D Hollywood movies are only $4!

Can't you buy the Hollywood in person (including seat selection) when you arrive for the last IMAX?

Yep, I usually just pick up a ticket at the front counter but occasionally there is a line but luckily they have a separate libe for IMAX when it is busy.

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#31 CuriousCat

CuriousCat
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Yes, but then you run the risk of the movie being sold out, which has happened to me last year. Some movies are more popular than others, of course. Or you might end up with a front row seat. At least now you can preview the seats available online and gauge your chances.

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Rocky Mountain Express is on IMAX for a week.

http://imaxvictoria....untain-express/

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

I had the opportunity to see this film last night, as well as meet film-maker Toni Myers in person, on only her second-ever visit to Victoria. Amazing!

• Nparker likes this

#34 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Big problem with the annual pass is that it is current for only the calendar year, rather than a year from purchase. If you buy a pass in July, it runs out at the end of the year.
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Big problem with the annual pass is that it is current for only the calendar year, rather than a year from purchase. If you buy a pass in July, it runs out at the end of the year.

They do not sell them in July.  They limit them, they sell out before the end of February every year.  90% sold today.

• Matt R. and tedward like this

#36 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Dream Big: Engineering Our World - opens tomorrow at IMAX VICTORIA

17098469_10154221987612461_6182199137263

• tedward and 57WestHills like this

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

Would you like to see a FREE IMAX VICTORIA film this Wednesday morning?

Book online now: http://imaxvictoria.com/buy-tickets/

DETAILS

#38 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

Dream Big: Engineering Our World - opens tomorrow at IMAX VICTORIA

Saw it the other day in 3D, great movie.  The opening Space Station sequence shows how effective 3D can be and the underwater robotic competition was particularly inspiring.   :thumbsup:

Edited by Gary H, 24 April 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#39 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

I saw La La Land.  It's only here until May 4th.

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Saw Only the Brave twice now at IMAX, I think it's excellent.  89% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 16 December 2017 - 04:19 PM.

• 57WestHills likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users