Westbay Quay
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Head Street at Lyall Street
Municipality: Esquimalt
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, live-work)
Sales status: now selling
Westbay Quay is a 73-suite, two and six-storey all-concrete condominium project with a ground floor retail com... (view full profile)
Learn more about Westbay Quay on Citified.ca
Photo

[Esquimalt] Westbay Quay | Condos, commercial | 6-storeys | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#101 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

It's a long walk to downtown, especially the Empress and south of downtown, from West Bay, though a pretty one. It can be handled for sure, but you wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis. If you want to cycle, you have to go up a steep hill to Esquimalt Road and then have the bike path along Esquimalt towards the bridge. I'm not a fan of the area.

Great bus access to downtown, if that's how one chooses to get around. A quick walk to Esquimalt rd, hop on the #15 goes right to Fort St. At peak travel times it runs every 10 minutes.

#102 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

There's that word again, a "luxury" condo project.  so what makes this place so luxury?  Stainless appliances, quartz countertops, chrome plumbing fixture, bah, blah blah?  Must be nice because the new cheapest homes in Langford have all of that.  Woopee, Luxury Langford it is then!

And if that is luxury fair enough, then what do you call real high end luxury with heated heated floors, walk in showers, mahogany floors, walk in closets, 10 ft ceilings, crown mouldings, Wolf stoves, etc, etc? How about super duper over the top extra special with a cherry on top luxury?

#103 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

There's that word again, a "luxury" condo project.  so what makes this place so luxury?  Stainless appliances, quartz countertops, chrome plumbing fixture, bah, blah blah?  Must be nice because the new cheapest homes in Langford have all of that.  Woopee, Luxury Langford it is then!

And if that is luxury fair enough, then what do you call real high end luxury with heated heated floors, walk in showers, mahogany floors, walk in closets, 10 ft ceilings, crown mouldings, Wolf stoves, etc, etc? How about super duper over the top extra special with a cherry on top luxury?

How about, "Executive"?  Marketing can always one-up itself.

#104 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:16 PM

...Wolf stoves...

Come on. Coyotes aren't good enough for you?

#105 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:03 PM

Interesting.  Actually at $368k for the 1 bedroom, those start to look seriously attractive.  I bet you could have a great AirBnB business with one of those

Those two units do look attractive considering they also include a parking spot. Had that been the price when the development launched last year I would have had a harder decision to make. 

#106 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

$640 a square foot is a screaming deal, for sure.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#107 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

There's that word again, a "luxury" condo project. so what makes this place so luxury? Stainless appliances, quartz countertops, chrome plumbing fixture, bah, blah blah? Must be nice because the new cheapest homes in Langford have all of that. Woopee, Luxury Langford it is then!

What are they gonna do, advertise “average condos”? Burger King calls their food delicious, who cares

#108 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

Pros:
It looks and feels exactly like Victoria, it's closer to downtown than some Victoria neighbourhoods are, and it's cheaper.

Cons:

The CoV's politicians won't be representing you.

I think that Con is a Pro!!

• songheesguy likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#109 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,238 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:38 PM

There's that word again, a "luxury" condo project. so what makes this place so luxury? Stainless appliances, quartz countertops, chrome plumbing fixture, bah, blah blah? Must be nice because the new cheapest homes in Langford have all of that. Woopee, Luxury Langford it is then!

Of your list I'd only call two of those true luxury: mahogany floors and Wolf appliances (those are ridiculously priced)! The rest I've seen and own or owned in run of the mill middle class housing/condos.

#110 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:16 AM

How about, "Executive"?  Marketing can always one-up itself.

good word I guess.  so average is now luxury and luxury is now executive

Of your list I'd only call two of those true luxury: mahogany floors and Wolf appliances (those are ridiculously priced)! The rest I've seen and own or owned in run of the mill middle class housing/condos.

I thought Wolf are reasonably priced

So what do you consider true luxury?  Btw, here is a spec on a new 4481 sf house in Oak Bay for $3.3 million

http://www.sylviathe...un2418_rev1.pdf

Some of the stuff is pretty average although some of the stuff is nice too

#111 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

Tenfold Projects has extended its 20% price incentive to units on the second and third floors of the six-storey Topaz building. They're only a few units away from reaching their construction threshold. In addition to that, a 5% down payment option is also available for buyers who might be hampered by illiquid assets or investments.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#112 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

This one's sitting at 40% sold now.

Know it all.

#113 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

have they started yet I haven't been down there in a month or so

#114 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:08 PM

Not sure, but I’ll dip down tomorrow to see if demolition has begun.

Know it all.

#115 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,235 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:29 PM

Sluggish sales. Or maybe just back to normal.... Hard to say compared to recent history. 

#116 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

I believe about six weeks ago they were sitting at 15% sold, so not a bad jump.

It looks like quite a few projects are sitting at the 40-70% sold range.

Know it all.

#117 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

Maybe buyers are just having trouble locating the section of Victoria's waterfront upon which this project will reside. When they look at a map or Google Earth they keep getting directed to Esquimalt.  <_<

#118 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:29 PM

^With the election of CoV latest council its no surprise that less and less people want to live in the CoV!

#119 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

^With the election of CoV latest council its no surprise that less and less people want to live in the CoV!

What has that got to do with this project that is located in Esquimalt?

• Coreyburger likes this

#120 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:46 PM

^you keep bring it up over and over and over and over and over

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users