Photo

[Marine] BC Ferries

• Please log in to reply
3762 replies to this topic

#3761 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

Those are pretty good pay rates. $23/hour, x 7.5 hours x 5 = $862.50 per week, or $3450 per month, $41.4k per year. That's about $2,400 take-home per month.

Darned good job for that position.

They are casuals though, at least these open positions are.  So not full time, not even regular part time.

• Coreyburger likes this

#3762 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

The third is at Deas Dock right now. I believe it’s just intended to supplement the Tsawwassen-Southern Gulf Islands route.

The Salish-class at Deas is there for its warranty repairs, upgrades and a few changes.

There will be an "extra one" off season. However with relief for refits and returning to service for off-season peak periods I doubt we will see it spending too much time at dock which is good. The Bowen Queen, however, will now barely sail though (which is a good thing that its service is minimized but BC Ferries did not just retire it - they've been running way too thin for the last decade).

On Sundays in the summer the Salish Eagle will come to Swartz Bay assuming the schedule doesn't change; I don't think it will for 2018.
  • VicHockeyFan and shoeflack like this

#3763 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 2,949 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

Those are pretty good pay rates. $23/hour, x 7.5 hours x 5 = $862.50 per week, or $3450 per month, $41.4k per year. That's about $2,400 take-home per month.

Darned good job for that position.

Pretty certain these are casual, on-call positions and therefore no guarantee of 37.5 hour work weeks. Also you need to be flexible to work days, nights, weekends, holidays etc. I've set up, operationalized and managed call centers including the now infamous and long departed West facility here back in the day - I've nothing but respect for the front line CSR because I frankly wouldn't do that job for twice what BCF is offering. There is a reason the typical customer contact center has high employee churn.....

• Mike K., Nparker and jonny like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users