BUILT
RidgeView Place
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 2770 Claude Road
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Storeys: 11
RidgeView Place is an 11-storey, 90-unit residential complex with ground floor commercial space in the 2700-bl... (view full profile)
Learn more about RidgeView Place on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] Danbrook One / RidgeView Place | 11-storeys | Rentals, commercial | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

#61 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

I would suspect that entire area will be eventually demoed and new buildings will rise.

I know from a development perspective Langford is open for business unlike any other municipality in the CRD

#62 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

I would suspect that entire area will be eventually demoed and new buildings will rise.

I know from a development perspective Langford is open for business unlike any other municipality in the CRD

And that's a good thing. Evidently people want to live in the CRD and Langford is a great place to be. The one knock I have about all the West Shore growth is that the commute to the CoV will only get worse (which is already bad given the population count) and the lack of growth between Langford and the CoV hurts the case for things like bus lanes and LRT. But if Langford grows enough relative to the rest of the CRD, then jobs will follow suit and a larger share of the population won't need to leave the West Shore on a daily basis. That's Stew's ultimate goal I suppose; just shame that other CRD mayors and councilors don't take a hint. 

#63 flyonthewall

flyonthewall
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:28 AM

The entire surrounding area, which is owned by the Catholic Church, is rezoned for mixed use - commercial/residential and is currently for sale http://www.colliersc...#.W84ItXtKiUk  

#64 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

Move in day is March 1st.

Attached Images

• danbrook1.jpg

• Mike K. likes this

#65 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

Really nice looking building. Is that spandrel? If so, it’s done really well

Edited by RFS, 22 January 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#66 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:54 AM

Indeed, I'm impressed with it. I hope other new projects in the west shore follow suit.

#67 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Anyone know what the rents are, I am curious what they are getting in Langford

#68 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

The ad:

Attached Images

• danbrook1a.JPG

• tjv likes this

#69 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

Overall a pretty nice building. Though does anyone else think it just looks like a chunky, squat Legato?

#70 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

Langford's-pet-friendly-Danbrook-One-rental-tower-brings-highrise-living-to-the-Westshore.jpg

Langford's 11-storey Danbrook One rental tower, now renting, stands as the tallest building in Langford's downtown core near the intersection of Goldstream Avenue and Claude Road.

Langford's pet-friendly Danbrook One rental tower brings highrise living to the Westshore

https://victoria.cit...-the-westshore/

A condo-quality, pet-friendly highrise rental tower in the heart of Langford is ready to welcome its first residents as construction of the 90-suite project winds down, Citified has learned.

Comprised of one, two and three-bedroom residences, the 11-storey Danbrook One is the first purpose-built rental building to usher in concrete highrise living on the Westshore and marks a pivotal moment in downtown Langford’s emergence as an urban hub on the south Island.

“Danbrook One has become one of the most sought after rental addresses in Langford with its up-market homes and commuter-friendly, central location,” says Claire Flewelling-Wyatt, the managing broker of rental management firm Pemberton Holmes. “The tower is the first rental project of its kind outside of downtown Victoria to offer sophisticated urban living centred on a walkable, pedestrian-friendly community with modern conveniences and a thriving retail scene.”

Reaching the loftiest heights among the Westshore’s stock of rental residences, Danbrook One’s suites not only feature a full appliance package, in-suite laundry and high quality finishings, residents will enjoy unrivalled panoramic views from their suites with unimpeded vistas towards the Salish Sea and Washington State's Olympic Mountain Range, the natural surrounds of the region and the urban expanse of Victoria’s western suburbs. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#71 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:01 PM

So to my way of thinking Danbrook "One" implies there might be at some future point a DB (tower?) "two", "three" etc. Do we know at this stage if that is intent? 

#72 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

Hopefully with not quite so much spandrel.

#73 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

Hopefully with not quite so much spandrel.

Believe it or not I like the spandel on this project.

#74 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

Explain.

$_59.JPG?P
pic by skylinegazer at skyscraperpage.com

Edited by aastra, 01 March 2019 - 10:46 PM.

#75 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:48 AM

It'd definitely be better with more clear glass.

#76 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:29 AM

The tower is 65% leased now.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#77 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

• Mike K. and Danma like this

#78 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,293 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:12 AM

The Engineering and Geoscientists of BC (EGBC) is investigating one of its members for possible violations to the building code pertaining to a rental building in Langford’s downtown core.

The Danbrook One, located at 2766 Claude Road is an 11-storey, 90-unit building with 86 occupied units and was completed about one year ago. The EGBC is the licensing and regulatory body that is responsible for BC professional engineers and geoscientists.

https://www.vicnews....gford-building/

“We are prepared for every instance,” he said. “We are prepared to move the whole building, one tenant or nobody.”

City staff will also be stationed in the lobby of Danbrook One from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Dec. 18 and from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Dec. 19.

Any tenants who may feel unsafe will be provided with temporary hotel accommodations paid for by Langford and any moving costs will also be covered by the City.

If it turns out the building needs to be fixed, Young said, the City is prepared to do so and to accommodate those affected.

Young said there are not any concerns with any other buildings at the time and that the City’s expedited process in building development does not have anything to do with the issue. He said it is an engineering issue and has nothing to do with speed and process.

“If an engineer makes a mistake, then we’ll fix it,” Young said. “It’s not a reflection on the buildings in Langford… if there’s any flaws, everything is fixable.”

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 December 2019 - 05:13 AM.

#79 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:38 AM

So this is the first concrete building this company has attempted. Might it be that the weight is causing the building to sink? Even a few centimetres is enough to cause cracking in walls.

The University Heights architect recently told me the switch from concrete to wood frame was based in part by the realization the extreme weight would require exorbitantly expensive a piles and caissons.

Maybe the contractors were getting overly optimistic geotechnical advice.

*Legal disclaimer: this post is not to be construed as offering libelous opinion on any corporation or entity.  I'm trying to make 2020 a year I don't get threatened with legal action.

• jasmineshinga likes this

#80 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:43 AM

At University Heights they have soil condition issues to worry about, I think? Which is why the choice was made to pursue a woodframed design, then?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users