Photo

Islamist terror attacks in London

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

I'll just go ahead and call it Islamist.  Even though I have no idea who the suspect is.  Since the silence is deafening and obviously the authorities are trying to find a way to call it something else and they have had the dead suspect in custody for more than 8 hours

Police refuse to name Westminster terror attack suspect, but say he was 'inspired by international terrorism'

.http://uk.businessin...-suspect-2017-3

This is the man that carried out the terror attack in the heart of London on Wednesday.

He was shot dead by police after killing an officer with a knife in an attempted attack on the Houses of Parliament. Moments earlier he ploughed into pedestrians on Westminster bridge in a 4x4 vehicle. 

Sky News said police have identified the assailant but are yet to name him. In an update at 10.25 p.m. GMT, Met Police Acting Deputy Commissioner Mark Rowley declined to name the suspect, but said the "working assumption" is he was "inspired by international terrorism."

Hundreds of offices are working on the "fast-paced" investigation, he said, and are now examining the suspect's motivation, preparation, and associates.

He sure looks like a Muslim to me.

screen%20shot%202017-03-22%20at%20170855

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

MPs: London terror attack could have been prevented if police at Parliament's 'weak spot' had kept gate bolted

By Gordon Rayner, Christopher Hope

1:21 PM Thursday Mar 23, 2017
  • SHARE:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • LinkedIn
  • Save
  •  
  •  

Play

Mute
Current Time1:57
/
Duration Time1:57
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%

ShareFullscreen

The terrorist attack on Parliament could have been prevented if police on duty at a well-known security "weak spot" had simply kept it bolted, MPs have said.

The killer managed to get in through a vehicle gate in New Palace Yard - used by the Prime Minister and other members of the Government - because it was not locked.

Known as Carriage Gates, it is always manned by two police officers, who usually leave it slightly ajar because it is in frequent use. But if the iron double gate had simply been bolted shut, it would have been impossible for the terrorist to pass.

MPs: London terror attack could have been prevented if police at Parliament's 'weak spot' had kept gate bolted

By Gordon Rayner, Christopher Hope

1:21 PM Thursday Mar 23, 2017
  • SHARE:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • LinkedIn
  • Save
  •  
  •  

Play

Mute
Current Time1:57
/
Duration Time1:57
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%

ShareFullscreen

The terrorist attack on Parliament could have been prevented if police on duty at a well-known security "weak spot" had simply kept it bolted, MPs have said.

The killer managed to get in through a vehicle gate in New Palace Yard - used by the Prime Minister and other members of the Government - because it was not locked.

Known as Carriage Gates, it is always manned by two police officers, who usually leave it slightly ajar because it is in frequent use. But if the iron double gate had simply been bolted shut, it would have been impossible for the terrorist to pass.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Surprise, surprise....

Scotland Yard on Wednesday night said it was probing the UK Parliament attack on the assumption that it was inspired by ‘Islamist-related international terrorism’, although it refused to reveal more details.

Mark Rowley, who leads counter-terror policing, said the death toll had risen to five: three civilians mowed down by the attacker on Westminster Bridge, one police officer stabbed to death inside Parliament complex, and the attacker who was shot dead.

http://www.hindustan...MPqu6DAMJK.html

Inspired by eh?  How about it IS Islamist-related international terrorism?

#4 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,328 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Oh wow! A whole two hour delay to investigate some from your first revelation to the final lay of blame... 4 hours there abouts? Same thing happens in murder, robbery and all other crimes... it's called investigation. I have seen you scream from a mountaintop if judgement is passed without investigation... yet if it a brown guy killing people. Terror... if something happens by some white guy... just misunderstood?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#5 LJ

LJ
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

^Desperate.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Oh wow! A whole two hour delay to investigate some from your first revelation to the final lay of blame... 4 hours there abouts? Same thing happens in murder, robbery and all other crimes... it's called investigation. I have seen you scream from a mountaintop if judgement is passed without investigation... 

They had the suspect, he was dead in their care  They probably had his car.  They also had hundreds, if not thousands of people working this particular case, for over 12 hours now.  YES, I expect information to flow faster to the public, like his name, for one.  The public pays all these investigators, the public has a right to the information.  They also paid the dead policeman.  His name was officially released before the suspect.

#7 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,328 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

That's fine... because they knew substantially who he was... they had to investigate the other guy. Really... stuff is released after there is no risk to the investigation. If you release the the name of the guy that was arrested/ killed as Joe Blow Muslim or that that was who was killed or that anyone was killed right away you may tip off his buddies.

#8 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,328 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

^Desperate.

Screw you... not desperate. My brother works for Homeland Security in the states... I know why and how and why things are released the way they are... your sources?
  • RoadRunner and Street level like this

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

Anyway, going to make the Brexit people feel they made the right move, to cut this stuff out as much as possible.

#10 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,328 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

^Yeah screw your anyway dismissal also. I didn't take a side, I said why it was done... and you extremist jump on me.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Anyway, going to make the Brexit people feel they made the right move, to cut this stuff out as much as possible.

Certainly the Netherlands are thinking the same thing.  The new parliamentarians there happen to take their seats tomorrow and try to build a coalition, with Geerts in second place.

France goes to the polls April 23rd, with Le Pen looking strong.

Interesting times.

#12 On the Level

On the Level
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

Sad times....but there is a good probability it's a Timothy McVeigh type of thing.  Find someone unhinged and feed them ideology and they do stupid things.

• sdwright.vic and 57WestHills like this

#13 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,328 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

^be carefull.. you are comment against the beast.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

Sad times....but there is a good probability it's a Timothy McVeigh type of thing.  Find someone unhinged and feed them ideology and they do stupid things.

I just somehow think if that was the case, we'd have information by now.   The powers are scrambling to see how best to let the public know here.  It's 5am now in London.  The UK media won't let them keep info to themselves much longer here, something will have to be out by breakfast.

#15 On the Level

On the Level
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

I just somehow think if that was the case, we'd have information by now.   The powers are scrambling to see how best to let the public know here.  It's 5am now in London.  The UK media won't let them keep info to themselves much longer here, something will have to be out by breakfast.

You have to remember this is the UK.  While the tabloids are notorious, the bulk of the country is known for avoiding emotion in dealing with issues.  We are not going to see a Southern State uneducated wingnut mentality of criminal justice.    

Edit - just to be clear...it might be some local ISIS wannabe, but I appreciate the clear and level headed approach.  We'll see. 

Edited by On the Level, 22 March 2017 - 08:21 PM.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#16 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,328 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

Oh... btw I will PM you VHF my brothers contact info if you think I am lying about him being Homeland Security. .. you know #fake news. He wason the presidents detail for the inauguration

Attached Images

• FB_IMG_1490242760016.jpg

Edited by sdwright.vic, 22 March 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,632 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

I think LJ's "desperate" comment was in relation to Victoria's mayor referring to criminals not as people who break the law, but as desperate people.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#18 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

Remember when VHF was spreading fake news saying the Quebec mosque shooter was Islamist in your desperate attempt to get an answer in real time instead of waiting for the facts?
  • VicHockeyFan and Matt R. like this

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Remember when VHF was spreading fake news saying the Quebec mosque shooter was Islamist in your desperate attempt to get an answer in real time instead of waiting for the facts?

Lol, oh ya, I remember that.     :wub:

Hey, but this dead guy, I've seen his face and his beard.  And they did arrest a dark-skinned guy in Quebec at first.

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

So Tobias Ellwood happened on the scene, trying to help the stabbed policeman.

https://en.wikipedia.../Tobias_Ellwood

Tobias Martin Ellwood (born 12 August 1966) is a British Conservative Party politician and author. He served in the Royal Green Jackets and reached the rank of captain

and in a crazy twist...

His brother, Jonathan, who was director of studies at the International School Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, was killed in the 2002 Bali bombing.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users