Victoria's largest ever "scrub" baseball game - Sat. June 24th

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

Who remembers playing “scrub baseball” at lunch or recess in school?

Royal Athletic Park will be open to the public on June 24 for any and all fans eager to take the field like the HarbourCats and show your skills, but mostly to just have some fun in the sun on a beautiful city field.  Royal Athletic Park will be open from 11am until 5:00pm for the scrub game, ongoing throughout that time, and participants are invited to bring their glove and join in at any time -- all ages, all abilities.

Fans will enter the ballpark through the home plate entrance of Royal Athletic Park and once inside, will be directed to the field. Scrub game participants are encouraged to stay for the nightcap at RAP as the HarbourCats host the Walla Walla Sweets that evening at 6:35pm.

The HarbourCats open the 2017 WCL season on June 1 on the road against the WCL’s newest team, the Port Angeles Lefties.  Their home opener at Royal Athletic Park is June 5 when the Wenatchee AppleSox visit Victoria.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

Coming up this Saturday.  11-4:30pm, slight time change.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

A Vancouver Island man who was put on life support after he was struck by a softball has died from a head injury.

Thirty-two-year-old Chris Godfrey was hit in the back of the head by a ball thrown by the shortstop while Godfrey was running for first base at a Comox Valley Slopitch League (CVSL) game on Aug. 20.

He was flown from Courtney, B.C., to a hospital in Victoria and placed on life support but never recovered.

Godfrey's injury prompted the league to require helmets for players of all ages, and Elliott said other recreational leagues in B.C. are talking about following suit.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...death-1.4269571

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users