Photo

2017 Saanich municipal by-election

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#61 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

I had heard from both the Wickson camps and Chambers camps that they have signage ready but will be holding off until a month before the election. Probably stupid, since it is perfectly legal to put it up now and they are just wasting valuable time 

I heard that they also had many very powerful endorsements but they wanted to hold those off until after the election :-)

#62 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi there.  I just wanted to make sure everyone on this thread was aware of my campaign at www.mikeforsaanichcouncil.ca I am running on three keys issues:  More Housing, Lower Taxes and Greater Accountability.  I also support rescinding the EDPA.

www.mikeforsaanichcouncil.ca

• Michael Geoghegan likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#63 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

The photo on that web site is the Victoria harbour. Not sure what that has to do with Saanich politics. 

#64 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

^My guess: Mike promises to begin an initiative that would encourage the creation of a visually pleasing landmark within Saanich's borders as currently there is none.

Edited by Rob Randall, 14 August 2017 - 12:15 PM.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#65 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

Possible reasons for showing the Inner Harbour on a website for a Saanich Council hopeful:

1. A subtle nod to amalgamation
  2. "Why can't we have cool stuff like this?"--a pledge for dynamic public infrastructure
  3. That photo came with the website template and we can't figure out how to replace it

• Mike K., VicHockeyFan, weirdie and 1 other like this

#66 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

^My guess: Mike promises to begin an initiative that would encourage the creation of a visually pleasing landmark within Saanich's borders as currently there is none.

Is there potential to make Cadboro Bay/Gyro Park more cool?  Saanich's side of The Gorge is neat. 

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 14 August 2017 - 12:45 PM.

• John M. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#67 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

Is there potential to make Cadboro Bay/Gyro Park more cool?  Saanich's side of The Gorge is neat. 

No. It has been studied and it has been determined to be impossible.

• Mike K. and VicHockeyFan like this

#68 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

I'll be supporting a candidate here with some in-kind services, so I'll step out of the conversation until after the election.

#69 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

I always got a chuckle that Mr HARRIS of the GREEN party runs a business in Harris Green.

Except that it's in North Park...

#70 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Attached Images

•  saanich.jpg

• Michael Geoghegan likes this

#71 Michael Geoghegan

Michael Geoghegan
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Check out my campaign video at www.mikeforsaanichcouncil.ca and let me know what you think.  I am looking forward to the all candidates meeting on September 12th and hope to see you there.

Michael Geoghegan

More Housing Lower Taxes End the EDPA

#72 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

My support is for Rebecca Jane Mersereau

https://www.facebook...ebecca4saanich/

#73 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

Check out my campaign video at www.mikeforsaanichcouncil.ca and let me know what you think.  I am looking forward to the all candidates meeting on September 12th and hope to see you there.

Michael Geoghegan

More Housing Lower Taxes End the EDPA

And the photo on your web site STILL shows the harbour of the City of Victoria, not Saanich.

#74 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

My support is for Rebecca Jane Mersereau

https://www.facebook...ebecca4saanich/

I've read through her posts and website and it seems to me she's trying to make everyone happy with relatively vague vision ideas. Phrases like:

'Voluntary stewardship on private properties' sound good, but I don't see a commitment there to actually making it truly voluntary (EDPA repeal).

'Commitment to efficient administrative processes' also sounds good (essentially means cutting red tape, i wish politicians would just write clear language...), but where is the specifics - put a deadline on approvals, commit to increasing density on major routes...

• John M. likes this

#75 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

I've read through her posts and website and it seems to me she's trying to make everyone happy with relatively vague vision ideas. 

I'm at the point now where I would vote for a candidate who takes strong stances that I might not totally agree with over someone who is trying to appeal to everybody but says nothing 

• lanforod likes this

#76 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

There are 10 candidates now [the deadline for filing nomination papers is now past]:

Nathalie Chambers

Keith Davidoff

Mike Geoghegan

Karen Harper

Marsha Henderson

Rebecca Mersereau

Shawn Newby

Art Pollard

Ned Taylor

Rob Wickson

Art Pollard is among the latest to announce his candidacy.

http://www.vicnews.c...ich-byelection/

#77 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

I'm at the point now where I would vote for a candidate who takes strong stances that I might not totally agree with over someone who is trying to appeal to everybody but says nothing 

That will eliminate 91% of the field.

• AllseeingEye and John M. like this

#78 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

What's the big draw to be a Saanich counselor?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#79 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

What's the big draw to be a Saanich counselor?

You won't have be a Victoria counselor.

#80 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

How many ran for the full election last time? 15? Funny... 9 losers here.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users