• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 243 posts

Posted Today, 08:38 AM

That will eliminate 91% of the field.

Essentially leaves in Geoghegan, Chambers, and Wickson (Maybe Ned Taylor as well)  

#82 Michael Geoghegan

Michael Geoghegan
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 08:49 AM

I'm at the point now where I would vote for a candidate who takes strong stances that I might not totally agree with over someone who is trying to appeal to everybody but says nothing 

That will eliminate 91% of the field.

The Housing crises is the number one issue affecting voters.  Meanwhile Saanich with its annual tax increases is making this more and more a community for only very wealthy.  I will get more housing built in Saanich by working with the development community and other levels of government so as to provide more in the way of affordable and co-op housing.

I will vote to repeal the EDPA and I will vote to repeal the mark up that Saanich places on our CRD water bills.  I will also vote to increase funding for our sports and recreation infrastructure.  If you want a lawn sign please contact me at mgeoghegan@shaw.ca and check out my website at www.mikeforsaanichcouncil.ca

#83 lanforod

lanforod
  • 4,951 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted Today, 09:04 AM

The Housing crises is the number one issue affecting voters.  Meanwhile Saanich with its annual tax increases is making this more and more a community for only very wealthy.  I will get more housing built in Saanich by working with the development community and other levels of government so as to provide more in the way of affordable and co-op housing.

I will vote to repeal the EDPA and I will vote to repeal the mark up that Saanich places on our CRD water bills.  I will also vote to increase funding for our sports and recreation infrastructure.  If you want a lawn sign please contact me at mgeoghegan@shaw.ca and check out my website at www.mikeforsaanichcouncil.ca

Okay - so lower taxes, great.

EDPA repeal probably saves a bit of money.

CRD water markup, and increased funding for sports and rec costs money.

Where else will you find savings to keep the tax increases nil or at least under inflation?

#84 spanky123

spanky123
  • 7,439 posts

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

Lack of affordbale housing is NOT a major concern for Saanich residents. The CRD rental vacancy rate has been at 0.5% for the past 15 years. Just because Helps is trying to make it into a big issue to support her homeless plans doesn't mean that it is actually a concern for voters here. https://www.crd.bc.c...cs.pdf?sfvrsn=2

The EDPA is effectively on hold. The developers who made a big issue of it in order to get their properties rezoned have been successful so nobody is raising a stink at the moment.

Saanich residents are not looking for another Atwell to start with fists flying. Atwell was smart enough to ditch the Saanich Council Whackjobs and there is no desire to repeat the exercise. 

#85 Michael Geoghegan

Michael Geoghegan
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

First of all there are a number of councillors that I get along well with already.  Second of all Atwell is backing Karen Harper in this election.  For example he donated his signs to her which is why she has so many.  Also the people that have endorsed me Langford Mayor Stew Young and Colwood Councillor Lilja Chong know the tremendous knowledge and skill that I am bringing to the table.

The EDPA is a bureaucratic boondoggle that I will rescind.  With increased residential density as well as commercial and industrial we will grow revenues.  That allows us to give current taxpayers a much deserved break and allow to repair some of our playing fields which have become treacherous for kids to play on.  My son was a Saanich Wolverine football player.

#86 spanky123

spanky123
  • 7,439 posts

Posted Today, 10:26 AM

Atwell is backing Harper because it was your approach and guidance that got him into so much conflict in the first place. You have basically attacked every Saanich councillor at one point or another. 

The person who is going to win the election will be the one who states that they are going to maintain the status quo and work with others. Stating things like "you will rescind the EDPA" instead of "you will vote the rescind the EDPA" just convinces people that you are not there to be part of the team.

• John M. likes this

#87 Michael Geoghegan

Michael Geoghegan
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 05:27 PM

Atwell is backing Harper because it was your approach and guidance that got him into so much conflict in the first place. You have basically attacked every Saanich councillor at one point or another. 

The person who is going to win the election will be the one who states that they are going to maintain the status quo and work with others. Stating things like "you will rescind the EDPA" instead of "you will vote the rescind the EDPA" just convinces people that you are not there to be part of the team.

If leaving out the word vote which is a given is the biggest concern you have then you are a lucky person. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users