The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21560 replies to this topic

#4181 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Well, every small town needs its friendly neighbourhood drunk, like Otis on the Andy Griffith Show. If he's also a sex-crazed drug addict, hey, that's a bonus.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#4182 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yesterday afternoon a Spanish tourist was viciously assaulted in front of the public library on Courtney Street. He was sitting next to a man on a bench who suddenly got up and starting beating him. Police apprehended the suspect last night.

We're working hard to maintain our crime ranking in Canada. Meanwhile speed limit reductions will, in fact, lead to better liveability and a safer, more vibrant city, says council.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4183 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Yesterday afternoon a Spanish tourist was viciously assaulted in front of the public library on Courtney Street. He was sitting next to a man on a bench who suddenly got up and starting beating him. Police apprehended the suspect last night.

We're working hard to maintain our crime ranking in Canada. Meanwhile speed limit reductions will, in fact, lead to better liveability and a safer, more vibrant city, says council.

How do so many of these guys get away with pulling off this type of crime, without someone following them at a safe distance, while calling police?  I mean don't 90% of us carry cellphones?  Anyway, good thing they got a suspect. 

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4184 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,144 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

I think this happened at 1:00 AM.

#4185 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

Oh it was that late hey? 

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4186 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,144 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

If I am correct with the time, I have to wonder what really went on.

#4187 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,144 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

Sorry 10:00 pm

#4188 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

TC says the victim was "she", not "he".

#4189 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,144 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

The TC also says it was an afternoon attack and that might be incorrect.

#4190 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Straight from the horses mouth: https://soundcloud.c...e-in-assault-in

- Unprovoked attack

- late afternoon

- 21 year old suspect

- suspect apprehended later that evening

My understanding is the victim was treated in hospital after the incident.

Know it all.

#4191 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Sunbathing With Marijuana Prompts Call To Police

https://soundcloud.c...-with-marijuana

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4192 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

So what does "serious but non-life threatening injuries" mean? Something like a broken jaw or maybe losing an eye or something like that?

https://www.vicpd.ca...provoked-attack

Edited by aastra, 23 July 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#4193 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Jesus, so it wasn't late afternoon, early evening or late-night, it was early afternoon. Allegedly. And we now know it was indeed a man.

Date:   Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Victoria BC – VicPD officers are investigating after a Spanish tourist was assaulted in an unprovoked attack earlier this afternoon.

Officers were called to the area of Courtney and Blanshard streets just after 1 p.m. by a bystander reporting the assault. When officers and the Provincial Ambulance Service came on scene they found the victim, a man in his 30’s with serious but non-life threatening injuries.

The victim was quickly taken to the hospital for medical treatment and relayed to officers what had occurred.

He stated he was sitting on a bench in the courtyard near the library, and near the suspect, when the suspect started talking to himself.  The suspect suddenly got up and started randomly attacking him.  The suspect then fled the scene.

Officers are now looking for the suspect and hoping the public can help.

The suspect is described as a man in his early 20’s with an olive complexion and clean shaven. He had a ‘sharp’ nose and collar length curly hair. At the time of the incident was wearing a baseball hat, a black backpack, grey/brown shirt and black shoes with blue a neon stripe.

If you have any information on this assault, please call VicPD on the non-emergency line at 250-995-7654.

Know it all.

#4194 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Those Spanish she-males are confusing to some.  No wonder the suspect got upset.

• Keegan likes this

#4195 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

The TC has revised their story to a male victim now.

http://www.timescolo...ttack-1.1257169

#4196 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

Ian Thow granted vacation extension

The Parole Board of Canada has approved the convicted fraudster’s request to have a week’s trip to Mexico in October extended by two days.

Thow will now have a nine-day trip.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.Vp8fPnVu.dpuf

#4197 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

✪ BREAKING, arson fires throughout Victoria: 

Suspicious fires have reported overnight in both Victoria and Esquimalt.

Fire departments in Victoria and Esquimalt dealt with a total of six suspicious fires.

✪ Two homes were targeted on Prior Street. 
✪ Grass fires were started on Catherine and Fifth Street, with a garden shed catching fire on Fifth St.
✪ In Esquimalt, two detached sheds were burned, one on Colville and one on Lockley Road.

No injuries have been reported, and no suspects have been identified.

The Times-Colonist is off for the long weekend, we'll see when they wake up and report this.

#4198 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

^ Gotta love modern newspaper reporting. Long weekend and all!
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#4199 Gipper

Gipper
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

The brush fires at Fort Rod Hill last week were arsons, too, but the TC didn't report that either. Police nabbed two youth suspects.

edit: http://www.goldstrea.../269629171.html

Edited by Gipper, 04 August 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#4200 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

How come when we have a serial arsonist on the loose, they call him/her a "firebug". We don't call them shopliftingbugs or assaultbugs.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (3)