The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21591 replies to this topic

#8001 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:49 PM

but still not a passport someone mentioned earlier you need a passport to enter every country in the world but this is proof that there are 2 countries that we do not need a passport for but only a DL

#8002 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

It not just a DL... it's an enhanced drivers license. You don't just walk into ICBC to get this thing. You have to apply and interview for it, go through all the same stuff as a passport and a but more in some cases to get it.

In the eyes of the US government it is the same thing as a passport, you just combined the two... like your BC Health Card and Drivers Licence is now.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#8003 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

The point is its a drivers license .

Its always in your wallet..doesnt matter how you get it or what the cost it permits you to drive a passport doesnt.

#8004 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

So.. you know you can also just get a enhanced ID as well? That doesn't allow you to drive? You can get your Photo Care Card seperate from your DL that... doesnt let you drive.

It's not just a DL... It's a combo card that you go through a process to have you passport included with your DL... Just like you can combine your DL with you Photo Care Card. You still have to go through the "passport" process to have it in your wallet, and it doesn't work anywhere else.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#8005 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

Ok, this aside has run its course.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8006 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

This all started because I said I use my DL enter Canada..

You can go on and on about this and that Im  finished the debate and I will continue to US my DL to enter Canada.

You seem top want the last word you have it there ya go...bu..by

maybe a crime will happen in the next few moments and this will get back on topic

#8007 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

I witnessed an incident today.  Cops showed up and grabbed a guy in an underground parking lot at Fort/Quadra.

They quickly arrested him, put him in cuffs.  Now, I know this guy very casually from around town he's a young homeless guy...

So I decided to stay and just watch from a distance.  They searched his pockets, and his garbage bag.  They kept asking him if he had drugs, he said no.   After they had shaken him competely down and threw all his stuff on the ground and found no drugs, they took off his handcuffs and said he's free to go.

I could not help but think what's the difference between him, and the 70 users of the Our Place drug trailer every day.  They do not get an arrest and pat-down when arriving.

• Dietrich, sebberry, Matt R. and 1 other like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8008 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

2 Cops were shot in Seattle today after an armed robbery. The shooter is dead

#8009 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

I can only think of one underground parking in that spot.

What were you doing in the View Towers u/g parking lot?

#8010 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

Across Quadra from Monk.  Might not be underground, but it's in the bottom floor of a building.

EDIT:  from Island Blue.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8011 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

Monk is Blanshard and Fort, btw.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8012 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

Monk is Blanshard and Fort, btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywJ1MD4-Cns

• Matt R. likes this

#8013 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

I could not help but think what's the difference between him, and the 70 users of the Our Place drug trailer every day.  They do not get an arrest and pat-down when arriving.

Maybe the fact that he was in an underground parking lot with no purposeful reason for being there. 

Hanging around a support centre is one thing, hanging around an underground parking lot is quite another. Perhaps our police are trying to dry up the supply chain a little and save a few lives that way.

• VicHockeyFan, pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#8014 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Missing Person

April 21, 2017

Oak Bay Police are requesting the public’s help in the location of 56-year-old Ronald Merner. Mr. Merner was last seen at 8:00 pm on April 20th at his home. It is believed that Mr. Merner had gone to the McNeil Bay area at Beach Dr and St Patrick St in the Municipality of Oak Bay. This is uncharacteristic behaviour for Mr. MERNER and is cause for concern. If located please contact police immediately.

medium_Missing Merner 17-1100.jpg

https://www.oakbay.c...issing-person-0

Edited by todd, 21 April 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#8015 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

That's a fairly recent change, a regular drivers license used to be sufficient, but yes, correct.

#8016 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

Must have been a fairly serious assault, VicPD has Johnson closed between Quadra and Fernwood ish.

Attached Images

• vicpd.JPG

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#8017 nerka

nerka
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

Must have been a fairly serious assault, VicPD has Johnson closed between Quadra and Fernwood ish.

Lots of cop cars  on Johnson, Yates, Fernwood and some of the other cross streets when I passed the area around 1020 PM.  Was driving from Fairfield to Oaklands and had to detour around area as Fernwood Road was shut to traffic.

#8018 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:54 PM

A man was stabbed, according to police.

Know it all.

#8019 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

Any more info on the bomb squad call out on Johnson Street during the rush hour on Friday afternoon. No mention of it in the Times Colonist?

#8020 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,773 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

Any more info on the bomb squad call out on Johnson Street during the rush hour on Friday afternoon. No mention of it in the Times Colonist?

http://www.timescolo...-can-1.16451900

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users