The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21542 replies to this topic

#8101 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

Meanwhile we have a violent would-be murderer on our streets and officialdom appears to be ho-hum about it. Even the media has barely touched on the seriousness of the situation, unless they know more than they are letting on.

Perhaps the TC will bring us up to speed by tomorrow morning.

There might be a bit more to it.  Mike and I have some information that leaked out from the hospital this morning.  Nothing the police do not already know, it's nothing we are holding back from them.  But it was a connection with another family member related to that house or that victim that seemed a bit odd.

• 3isenough likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8102 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

?? TC story has been on the front page since 10:58am

The front page won't be printed until tomorrow, and I hope it contains more information that the digital version. That's old, stale news now. We want updates on what's really going on.
  • pennymurphy2000 likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8103 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

The front page won't be printed until tomorrow, and I hope it contains more information that the digital version. That's old, stale news now. We want updates on what's really going on.

What do you want to see? "creative criticism"

Edited by todd, 25 April 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#8104 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Chances are the media only has the police media release to go on. I'd be surprised is there was more info...

#8105 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

I'd love to know:
- why SD61 didn't release the lock down alert via twitter until 10AM - did they alert parents earlier?
- why three police forces are not ringing alarm bells about a violent wound-be murderer on the loose in our community
- why police didn't alert the public about the incident until hours after it occurred

15 hours in the media should have already provided us with answers to the most pertinent questions, or at least identified that their requests for answers went unanswered. Instead we know very little beyond the if-it-bleeds-it-leads sensationalism.
  • todd and pennymurphy2000 like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8106 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Chances are the media only has the police media release to go on. I'd be surprised is there was more info...

HB says they were down there asking "anyone who will talk to her" and their uncle for information.

eg:

................ “I’m pretty upset that this has happened,” Nicola Proctor, who has twin daughters in kindergarten at Glenlyon Norfolk School. “The lack of information is the worst thing. If you don’t know what’s going on, you get all sorts of ideas about what might be happening.” ....................... - See more at: http://www.timescolo...m.SmKuinvz.dpuf

#8107 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:39 PM

I'd love to know:
- why SD61 didn't release the lock down alert via twitter until 10AM - did they alert parents earlier?

I can answer the second part of this one. Have a coworker with a kid at Willows. She got a call from the school well before 10:00 am.

#8108 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Oak Bay woman attacked with machete; man sought -- Updated: April 25, 2017 10:30 PM http://www.timescolo...ught-1.16884556

#8109 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

She came up to me started asking if i lived nearby and did i know what happened.

I told her the word on the street and all up the beach was that it was a machete attack by an intruder

Then when I gave her more info about supplying a story to VV her demeanor changed and she said its all hearsay and she is not going to rely on hearsay..A another media type had a chat with her and said the same thing I did he heard the same she was all interested .

I then called her on it HB style and questioned why she was so interested in his "hearsay" she then turned and continued talking with an overweight person who appeared to be with her.

As for me commenting that her lips remind me of Donald Trumps puckered lips it was just something I noticed .. When we were having the conversation I couldn't take my eyes away from looking at those lips and I kept seeing Donald Trump but then realized it was Katie.. It really was not meant as an offensive it was just imprinted on my mind and still is. Maybe she had just finished eating a sour puss candy when we were discussing things

#8110 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

Jesus, go to bed.
  • Matt R., Jill, lanforod and 2 others like this

#8111 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

News is all about hearsay and speculation in the beginning of any event.

This morning they were speculating on whether or not there was a death.

Comments like this...

No ambulance ...must be dead

coroner not here ...must not be dead.

CSI team with white suits are here must be a body

Cops are in back driveway of home .....maybe the machete is found there and they are looking at it...

and so on and so on..

thats a big part of gathering info to report something...

#8112 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

My speculation and thoughts on it are that...whomever did it knew them   or knew the home...seems odd to pick that house right out in the open then get away sight unseen.

Does not seem random to me even with teh limited info that has come out of it on day one

#8113 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Jesus, go to bed.

My Control Panel > Settings > 'Ignore' Preferences

Join us, Rob... Join us...
  • Rob Randall likes this

#8114 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

“In Oak Bay or even Greater Victoria, this is completely uncommon. I’ve been here for 20 years and never encountered anything even close to this.” - See more at: http://www.timescolo...m.2ybD5wEo.dpuf

Break and Enter a couple years back South Oak Bay owner came home while in progress the assailant went at him with a crowbar injured his arm severely enough to require surgery, owner chased him down the street until the owner couldn't run anymore due to blood loss.

• jonny likes this

#8115 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

Jesus, go to bed.

I'll fluff the pillow for him :P
  • Jill and todd like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#8116 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

My Control Panel > Settings > 'Ignore' Preferences

Join us, Rob... Join us...

If you blocked HB how do you know what Rob was referring to?

#8117 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

My speculation and thoughts on it are that...whomever did it knew them or knew the home...seems odd to pick that house right out in the open then get away sight unseen.
Does not seem random to me even with teh limited info that has come out of it on day one

People said the same thing about the gorge attack in October. In the end it was a career criminal out on probation that was high on meth. No connection to the house, the victim, or the neighbourhood. He didnt even take anything, just beat a woman in the Head and left, all right in front of a witness. Random violence does happen here in Victoria, leave out the conspiracies about how the attacker must have know the house/victim because you have no way of knowing. At best you are guessing which gets back to the whole hearsay discussion earlier.

Edited by Klapecki, 25 April 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#8118 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

It has a line saying you've chosen to ignore posts from HB, do you want to view it any way.

So we know when he's posting, we just don't have to read any of it unless someone makes the mistake of quoting it.

And I expect the police continue to point out that the community isn't in general danger because it would be irresponsible to stir up panic and fear for little reason.

• weirdie and Jill like this

#8119 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

Posts by blocked members still show, but the content is removed and replaced with a stock message.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that Jason already answered your question.

Edited by weirdie, 26 April 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#8120 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

Why would police release the school lock down so early (before the press conference) if they have no idea where suspect is? They could have waited across lunch and until end of school day, when parents pick up kids.

Where is husband/partner (if there is one, as the victim is only 45)? They are in a $3M home, unlikely he's a shift worker. Away on business?

Why was the press conference delayed over an hour?  The information they released hardly looks like it took time to gather.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users