Photo

White males to pay more for Premiere of Victoria Comedy Series!

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#21 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

Sidwright you're the one who said it was illegal! Probably where I got the idea

#22 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

We are seeing this type of pricing structure more and more.... I think it is the way of the future so we better get used to it!

Pretty funny, this SJW actually thinks they are winning the culture war. Give your head a shake

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Two wrongs don't make a right. I don't know who the "people" you are referring to are but surely we can all agree that blatant racism and sexism, regardless of the motivators, should be universally condemned.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

I think it's time for a human rights tribunal complaint here. I'm deadly serious. I'm going to do it.

Edited by PraiseKek, 17 September 2017 - 08:23 AM.

• VicHockeyFan, qwerty, jonny and 1 other like this

#25 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

Hey. Alright, slow your roll there Mr Kick Ass. Definitely come see the show with your friends but getting all violent-threateny isn't becoming to your station. Justice pricing is A: hilarious. B: presented by "Made You Look Productions" and sir you took the bait like a boss and C: yeah, maybe it's real but I garuteed there's no such thing as a gaydar, so all you gotta do boyo is say "I like men" for a discount. It's not like they're gonna make you prove it right then and there...Just lie and get over yourself. It's also free if you're in legit drag. Quadra Village is a multi ethnic low income region and getting affordable entertainment into the Roxy theatre is awesome (way more appropriaye for the neighborhood than another English repertoire piece..god help blue bridge).

So go a bit gay for a day and save yourself ten bucks, get over yourself.

Tell all the gay guys they should pretend to be straight for a day to avoid discriminatory practices and let us know how that goes.

• rjag, AllseeingEye and jonny like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#26 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

I think it's time for a human rights tribunal complaint here. I'm deadly serious. I'm going to do it.

Good man.
Notice no one is talking about the actual comedy. How painfully cringey must it be? How can you be funny while following rigid speech codes and the state sponsored religion of political correctness

#27 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

Tell all the gay guys they should pretend to be straight for a day to avoid discriminatory practices and let us know how that goes.

This is a stupid comment. Many do and have had to. ***NOTE- this comment in no way is ignoring or forgiving the idiotic nature of the post of the other nim-rod either.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#28 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

This is a stupid comment. Many do and have had to.

I know they do and have had to.  That's why I highlighted that issue.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#29 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

^My apologies then!
  • sebberry and todd like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#30 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

Discrimination? White males pay more? Are you freaking kidding me? This is a joke, right? Part of the comedy show? Ok, ok, I get it. You got me...

It is a joke. For the purposes of raising attention on what would otherwise be an event that nobody cared about it has worked as designed.

• Rob Randall likes this

#31 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

Well I guess I can just have a black males pay double for my comedy show ad then too right? Just a joke or something to stir up page hits ha ha.

Edited by PraiseKek, 17 September 2017 - 09:44 AM.

• rjag likes this

#32 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

Well I guess I can just have a black males pay double for my comedy show ad then too right? Just a joke or something to stir up page hits ha ha.

At least that would actually be contrarian. What they did is so milquetoast and safe

#33 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

The organizer wrote this on VV's Facebook page:

"We at made you look media are sincerely hoping to do our best to make the community a better place. It seems as though the reaction to this is unanticipatedly negative. We are not trying to alienate anyone, so please provide suggestions as to how we can adapt the pricing model to better fit the needs of the community!"

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#34 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

"We at made you look media are sincerely hoping to do our best to make the community a better place. It seems as though the reaction to this is unanticipatedly negative. We are not trying to alienate anyone, so please provide suggestions as to how we can adapt the pricing model to better fit the needs of the community!"

The tried and true honour system based "pay what you can" method works wonders. These people seem like total morons.
  • VicHockeyFan and jonny like this

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

I think if they made it free for me that would fit the needs of the community.

Clearly someone should start a GoFundMe too.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#36 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

How about a pricing model and a message about how everyone is welcome no matter what? I mean that's presumably the ideals they are working towards while doing the opposite of that right?

• jonny likes this

#37 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

See now I wouldn't want to support your comedy at any price .
Take a page out of Kathy Griffins life .
A lot of people aren't going to think it's funny regardless of the point you're making.

#38 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

There it is. White Male Pricing. Such a simple solution to the world's ills and injustices, what took so long to come up with it?

#39 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

"unanticipatedly"...the mind reels. More syllables= more profound?How about these klowns didn't think it through?
  • jonny likes this

#40 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

I think if they made it free for me that would fit the needs of the community.

Free admission and drinks for 4500+ post VV posters.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users