Photo

Urban noise, smells - sirens etc.

• Please log in to reply
550 replies to this topic

#461 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

Strange...when I first read the post I thought it said "the Bayview seagull stalker", and then I thought GREAT,  they are finally dealing with the issue.

#462 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Can the VV collective figure out what these noises heard throughout downtown Victoria last night could be?

The noise sounds mechanical, but the exact location of the noise hasn't been pinpointed.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#463 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Can the VV collective figure out what these noises heard throughout downtown Victoria last night could be...

Someone better answer. Resistance is futile.

#464 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

Did I tell you about the time a ballast blew in an exterior floodlight fixture downtown? You could hear the ear-splitting buzzing for a block in every direction even though it was a standard sized fixture. 

#465 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

It figures that the big horns in the sky would be tuning up for their final performance just as the Hudson tower is about to start construction.

#466 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

"1990's Central Saanich Time Warp" 

Man banned from playing car stereo in Central Saanich

Dustin Hamilton is not allowed to play his car stereo in Central Saanich. 

In fact, Hamilton is prohibited from driving his PT Cruiser at all in Central Saanich unless he’s taking his girlfriend to work and back.

Since May, Central Saanich police have received about 17 noise complaints from residents of West Saanich Road between Keating Cross Road and Wallace Drive. .......................

http://www.timescolo...nich-1.23062379

• GaryRanson likes this

#467 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

Society: 1

Guy with no respect for his community: 0

Does that just about sum it up?

• LJ and Hotel Mike like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#468 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lF106Dgk8

• Nparker likes this

#469 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Society: 1

Guy with no respect for his community: 0

Does that just about sum it up?

I'm not even sure if I'm impressed, or distressed that in just a few months' time the police got some type of order against this guy.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#470 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

I'm not even sure if I'm impressed, or distressed that in just a few months' time the police got some type of order against this guy.

The neighbour watch should tow the car away and put it in the car crusher.

#471 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

This fellow decided to park his car, radio set to fill outside our neighbours house at 4:30 am a few months back. Woke a lot us up, including the dog.

Lucky that our neighbour (who has a baby) kinda looks like HA (but not) and the car got moved relatively quickly.

Dude knows exactly what he is doing but doesn,t care ****. Oh, and if CS or Saanich police are reading, his gf could take the 72 in from Brentwood and do a quick transfer over to Tillicum
"I know nothing"

#472 GaryRanson

GaryRanson
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

PT Cruiser?

That says a lot.

"1990's Central Saanich Time Warp" 

Man banned from playing car stereo in Central Saanich

Dustin Hamilton is not allowed to play his car stereo in Central Saanich. 

In fact, Hamilton is prohibited from driving his PT Cruiser at all in Central Saanich unless he’s taking his girlfriend to work and back.

Since May, Central Saanich police have received about 17 noise complaints from residents of West Saanich Road between Keating Cross Road and Wallace Drive. .......................

http://www.timescolo...nich-1.23062379

#473 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

"No one ever buys a PT Cruiser. They are passed down from generation to generation since time began, the family curse that reminds us of our past transgressions"

• GaryRanson likes this

#474 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

"The Aztek was discontinued so I went with the next best thing." 

lol

You know, they say a picture says a thousand words. Took one glance and those two and knew right away they weren't two of society's finest. 

If the guy were a real audiophile, he'd know that you don't need loud sound to have really great sound. 

#475 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

I think he parked outside the courthouse today, if the sound level was any indication. No wonder people complained.

#476 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

"The Aztek was discontinued so I went with the next best thing." 

lol

You know, they say a picture says a thousand words. Took one glance and those two and knew right away they weren't two of society's finest. 

If the guy were a real audiophile, he'd know that you don't need loud sound to have really great sound. 

Yeah but it gives a great back massage/roller coaster like feeling.

Don't they also say never judge a book by its cover. cough, cough, your avatar cough cough cough.

#477 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOY9PTt2q1c

You're so jealous.

#478 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

My first reaction upon hearing this story was something along the lines of:

"......................................................................................................Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.......WT_F drives a PT Cruiser in 2017?!?!?!?!?!??! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then I was reminded of a quote from the 1970's rockers Grand Funk Railroad - one of the loudest bands back in the day - who were asked upon the release of their classic "We're An American Band" in 1973, "Why do you play your songs so loud?"

In homage to their answer - "So that the music is all there is Man!!!!!!!" - and to those among us actually brave (dumb) enough to be seen driving a PT Cruiser in public, I give you "We're An American Band" live from 1974. I'm really not sure which is scarier: watching these white semi-hippe dudes on stage with no shirts, or some local noodge who thinks PT Cruisers are cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMsIrKjSM6Y

#479 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

I always thought the PT Criser and the equally horrendous Chevy HHR would make good funeral cars for midgets.  Sorry, little people. 

• todd likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#480 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

My first reaction upon hearing this story was something along the lines of:

"......................................................................................................Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.......WT_F drives a PT Cruiser in 2017?!?!?!?!?!??! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then I was reminded of a quote from the 1970's rockers Grand Funk Railroad - one of the loudest bands back in the day - who were asked upon the release of their classic "We're An American Band" in 1973, "Why do you play your songs so loud?"

In homage to their answer - "So that the music is all there is Man!!!!!!!" - and to those among us actually brave (dumb) enough to be seen driving a PT Cruiser in public, I give you "We're An American Band" live from 1974. I'm really not sure which is scarier: watching these white semi-hippe dudes on stage with no shirts, or some local noodge who thinks PT Cruisers are cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMsIrKjSM6Y

So it's a throwdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny621CvdSvs&list=RDny621CvdSvs&t=4

..!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users