Shine Cafe | Victoria | 1548 Fort St. & Blanshard @ Johnson

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

It's part of a reciprocal advertising agreement that the Zone proposed to Shine Cafe for the first month of operation. It includes the Zone broadcasting their morning show live from Shine Cafe for the first month of business as well as some Zone advertising at the restaurant.

What Jonny said!

It's ratings period for the stations and they wanted to do something a little different than just giving away cash.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#62 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

I don't think we've mentioned this before, but it would appear as though Shine has given up half of their downtown space. For those who've dined there, you could choose seating on the Johnson Street side or the side that fronts onto Blanshard Street (the premises was split by the staircase leading to the second floor of the building).

• VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#63 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

...it would appear as though Shine has given up half of their downtown space...

That's going to make those Sunday brunch waits even longer.

#64 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

I don't think we've mentioned this before, but it would appear as though Shine has given up half of their downtown space. For those who've dined there, you could choose seating on the Johnson Street side or the side that fronts onto Blanshard Street (the premises was split by the staircase leading to the second floor of the building).

Yes, they had advertised in the window to sublet the space.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#65 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

^-- I passed by that way recently, noticed that sign. Was a bit surprised, but perhaps they do not get enough use out of it?

#66 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

I was surprised too as I found the back room was usually full. That's where I would get seated on probably 80% of my visits. Now the front room is just a LOT more crowded and a LOT louder, with an awkward corralling of people waiting in line at the front. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#67 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

I was surprised too as I found the back room was usually full. That's where I would get seated on probably 80% of my visits. Now the front room is just a LOT more crowded and a LOT louder, with an awkward corralling of people waiting in line at the front. 

I only go to their Fort Street location where there is always parking and the food is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users