[Oaklands] Hillside Mall expansion | Built - completed in 2014

Commercial

• Please log in to reply
708 replies to this topic

#521 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

The old Target location awaits,  and is slated to be filled with Canadian Tire.

Anyone have any idea why the lights are always on in this space?

#522 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

You could easily hold the entire tent city in there.

Oh but you can't do it there.  It needs to go somewhere else.

#523 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

The last person out forgot to turn them off.

• Nparker and Redd42 like this

#524 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

BCAA's Quadra Street location is moving to Hillside Centre on August 17th.

IMG_8675.jpg

#525 vicernie

vicernie
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Stephen Harper wasn't there to turn them off.

#526 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:32 PM

Coming soon?

IMG_0810.jpg

• sebberry likes this

#527 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:39 PM

^ Yes
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#528 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

Work was going on in the building today.

Can%20tire.jpg

Edited by Bingo, 24 October 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#529 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,723 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

I hope this doesn't get held up for the difference of 4-5 square meters in signage.

#530 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

I hope this doesn't get held up for the difference of 4-5 square meters in signage.

I'm pretty sure it's going ahead regardless of the signage size.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#531 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Yes, but I wouldn't shop there if it had a small sign

#532 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

^Truthfully however, I'm very excited about Canadian Tire opening at Hillside, spend a lot of time going to Canadian Tire I always seem to need something from their, this location will be a lot closer to me and bigger, way more useful for me then target, best thing since Beaver Lumber.

• Matt R. likes this

#533 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

^Truthfully however, I'm very excited about Canadian Tire opening at Hillside, spend a lot of time going to Canadian Tire I always seem to need something from their, this location will be a lot closer to me and bigger, way more useful for me then target, best thing since Beaver Lumber.

I'll admit that as much as I don't think all that much of the store in terms of set-up and branding etc., a good part of my youth was spent there and I really don't have any complaints about the place.  Growing up where I did, it would have been a lot worse to not have a hardware/auto parts store so near by.  Pre-car driving K-mart served me well for bike parts (tires, inner tubes etc.) and Mac's Cycle for anything more complex, but after I bought cars, it was good to have nearby.  My cars were not very "late model".

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#534 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

Walking down the bare hallway I see that Champs has left Hillside and arrived at Mayfair. Interesting turf battle Forzani and Foot Locker Inc have had.

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#535 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

Some months ago Kastle bought out the former Rona location in Vic West; three times over the summer I dropped in specifically looking for plumbing-related fixtures or supplies and three times I came away empty handed only to be told by the Kastle employee to "try Canadian Tire - they're usually pretty good". And three times I found what I needed. In addition I'll often browse the CT fishing gear section and get good deals on lures/lure carry cases, line and other accessories such as shot weights, reels or reel bags etc. CT isn't necessarily "sexy" but overall - and if you need something in a pinch - its usually a good bet that you'll find the item there.

#536 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

That's the way I feel ASE. Even the car parts guys were pretty decent at my outlet, even if the part was just average. It still beat going into town to AJ or wherever.

#537 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

That's the way I feel ASE. Even the car parts guys were pretty decent at my outlet, even if the part was just average. It still beat going into town to AJ or wherever.

Who remembers Sandy's Auto Wreckers in the 1000 block of View Street for car parts?

I think the soil is still being remediated.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#538 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

Completely agree VHF - have been very impressed with the guys at the Admiral's Road location especially. The last two times I've had to take my SUV in, on short notice and unexpectedly, they have been knowledgeable, courteous and done a good job for a reasonable price. I've gotten to know the manager who used to own his own shop in Vancouver. He and his team are uniformly excellent. No complaints.

#539 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

Who remembers Sandy's Auto Wreckers in the 1000 block of View Street for car parts?

I think the soil is still being remediated.

Our grade 11 shop class at Mt Doug in 1977 rehabilitated and rebuilt an old mini cooper engine we scrounged from Sandy's. Seems like a million light years ago. Looking at it now its hard to imagine that Victoria once had an auto wrecking yard virtually downtown.....

#540 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:52 PM

Completely agree VHF - have been very impressed with the guys at the Admiral's Road location especially. The last two times I've had to take my SUV in, on short notice and unexpectedly, they have been knowledgeable, courteous and done a good job for a reasonable price. I've gotten to know the manager who used to own his own shop in Vancouver. He and his team are uniformly excellent. No complaints.

I was never a service customer, but parts for sure. Brakes, muffler, headlights, cables, tires, spark plugs, distributor, rotor and points, even clutch parts etc.

But that was back when it was easier to work on your own car.

It helped that my dad was a diesel mechanic and could help with the hard bits. But the Haynes manual never disappointed. Great $20 investment for every car I ever owned.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users