Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Union | Condos | 5- and 5-storeys | Built - Completed in 2014

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#481 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Our local Chinatown Historian, John Adams, has been asked and has agreed to do a history write up for a sign/plaque that will be installed at tthe entrance to the alleyway

• Matt R. likes this

#482 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Marko Juras has penned another condo review.

Union-Pandora.jpg

Condo Review: Union

By Marko Juras

http://vibrantvictor...o-review-union/

Vancouver-based Anthem Properties has made its Victoria development debut with the Union, a two building lowrise condo project between the 500-blocks of Pandora Avenue and Fisgard Street in Old Town’s amenity rich Chinatown district. The Union property, left barren for nearly a decade after the failure of a previous condo development, is a stones throw from the Inner Harbour and literally at the nexus of a rapidly changing and increasingly desirable historic area.

Spread across two five storey woodframe buildings the Union’s 133 units range between 491 and 1,203 square feet on floors two through five and overlook either street or the courtyard. The ground floor levels are comprised of commercial spaces and front onto either Pandora or Fisgard.

Anthem selected celebrated Victoria-based architecture firm Merrick Architecture to design a project that would pay homage to Old Town’s turn-of-the-century architecture while introducing a hint of modern flair. Merrick also retained the façade of the historic Finlayson Building on Pandora and incorporated it into the design. Union is neither faux heritage nor blatant post-modernism and despite its recent construction, one can be forgiven for thinking the two buildings have always been a part of the neighbourhood. [Read full review]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#483 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

When will this thing get occupancy? Their website doesn't have a date but it's looking close to completion from the pictures on the forum here. I haven't been by here in a while.

Any bets on what types of places will lease out the commercial units? I'm thinking something health related would fill a void here - something like a clinic/natural health/wellness center.

#484 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

If you thought that $1,500 500 sq ft. 1BR unit was priced a bit high, Pemberton Holmes is offering a 2BR+den 732 sq. ft. unit on the fourth floor for $1,925.

http://victoria.en.c...4348482315.html

How about $1650 for this one bedroom, and it's a little dated already, look at those countertops.

http://victoria.en.c...4402934383.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#485 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

When will this thing get occupancy?

A friend of mine is living there now.

#486 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Can we make this building as "built" then?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#487 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

Can we make this building as "built" then?

I would say so.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#488 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

Took a quick stroll around my old stomping grounds at market square today and noticed how all the windows and balconies of the Union were just completely destroyed by the seagulls. The outdoor spaces must be virtually unusable.

Matt.

#489 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

On my walk through Theatre Alley just moments ago I saw a cop responding to a theft of two bicycles. A resident was explaining the situation as I walked by. I'm guessing they were stolen from the bicycle lockup area.

So much for increasing liveability in Victoria through speed limits, council.

• Nparker, AllseeingEye and sebberry like this

Know it all.

#490 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

Crime will decrease when the speed limits do.  You know that.  CARS said so. And the arsons will stop too.  The day those 40 signs go up you know people can sleep at night not worrying about waking up to fire.

• AllseeingEye likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#491 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

This project is now completely sold out.

• jonny and Mr Cook Street like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#492 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Jackerbie! Vancouver's Virtuous Pie vegan pizzeria chain will be opening in a retail space at the Union fronting onto Pandora Avenue. They'll also utilize the outdoor patio space.

Vancouver's Virtuous Pie vegan pizzeria chain to open downtown Victoria location

https://victoria.cit...toria-location/

• Brantastic likes this
Know it all.

#493 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,857 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 10:56 AM

3rd floor 1br 1 bath for sale.  No real view.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

922352_17.jpg

$629,800

$1,114 per sq. ft.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 January 2023 - 10:57 AM.

#494 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 10:59 AM

I am sure some people would like this view.

• Matt R. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users