Victoria/Westshore Rebels | B.C. Football Conference

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

I'm totally following this. And I need to go to a game. What a dramatic way to bond with your teammates! I wonder how they are doing for replacing the gear that was destroyed.

They have replaced all their gear, but it is still unclear exactly how/who is going to pay for it.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

By the way, can you explain why they are in Nanaimo? That bit has been confusing me. I mean, are they still the Victoria Rebels? Like, still our team? Where do the players live?
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

By the way, can you explain why they are in Nanaimo? That bit has been confusing me. I mean, are they still the Victoria Rebels? Like, still our team? Where do the players live?

They are not in Nanaimo. Without board/league approval a group of executive tried to move the team to Nanaimo. They failed, but they did get an expansion franchise and steal half the Victoria players.

So two BCJFL teams on the Island now:

Vancouver Island Raiders (Nanaimo)
Victoria Rebels

Players live here for the season, but more than 50% of the team is recruited from the rest of the country, and stay with billet families here for the season. Out-of-town players PAY $450 a month to the host family for room and board.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

Oh wow, ok that explains my next question, which was how we had a VI team and a Vic team. Thanks!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.

#25 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

Game on!

Victoria vs. Kamloops today 5pm at RAP.

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:03 PM

Rebels 56, Kamloops 0 last night.

VI lost to Chilliwack, so three teams at 3-1. Victoria, Chilliwack and Nanaimo (VI).

Victoria hosts Chilliwack this coming Saturday, 4pm.

#27 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

Woohooo! Go, Go Good Guys!
err
I still need to get to one of these games, I thought I would try for one between Victoria and VI.

#28 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

Rebels 65-7 over Chilliwack yesterday.

These guys are candidates for Canadian champs this year.

#29 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

So VicHockeyFan do you have tickets to this weekend's game?

#30 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

I finally made it to a game! Rebels beat Rams 19-6, I think it was. Pretty fun first football game, next time I am bringing a translator though.
:D

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:56 AM

rEBELS END UP IN THIRD PLACE. aWAIT WINNER OF TODAY'S GAME BETWEEN nANAIMO AND kELOWNA TO SEE WHO THEY PLAY NEXT WEEK (AWAY) IN FIRST ROUND OF PLAYOFFS.

#32 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

VicHockeyFan can you explain what happens next in "Football for idiots" terms? Will all the playoff games be played away from Victoria? Who is first and second?

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:48 PM

VicHockeyFan can you explain what happens next in "Football for idiots" terms? Will all the playoff games be played away from Victoria? Who is first and second?

It's a standard 1vs 4 and 2 vs 3 semi-final. The higher-ranked team always plays at home. We are #3. If we win on the road next week, and so does South Surry (ranked #4) then we will play the BC final at home vs. Surrey in two weeks time. If Surrey loses, we'll play their victor on their turf.

#1 and #2 will be determined by a head-to-head game between them today, Vancouver Island (Nanaimo) at Okanagan being played right now in Kelowna.

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:44 PM

Van Isle beat Okanagan today, so we travel to OK to play them next Sunday.

South Surrey will play Van Isle in Nanaimo Saturday.

If we win on Sunday, we will play Van Isle Raiders in Nanaimo the following week, or South Surrey at home same week if they beat Van Isle this Saturday.

#35 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

Thanks VicHockeyFan!

#36 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

Speaking of football--from today's Seattle Times:

Paparazzi-free zone

He's not Tom Brady or Tony Romo when it comes to tabloid fodder, but Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck isn't complaining about being stashed away in the Northwest.

"I will say this: I'm international," Hasselbeck told The New York Times. "We can't go out in public in British Columbia. Victoria, B.C., forget about it. It's like Pavel Bure back in Russia.

"Plus, we take [in] Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon and Idaho."

Really?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

Speaking fo football--from today's Seattle Times:

Really?

He'd be noticed by maybe one in 30 or 40 if he sat down at Milestones or the Empress, IMO.

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

OK, it's a whole new season, I'm about to go up for home game #1. Rebels are 1-2 and still stinging from their loss to Chilliwack.

Again, I've got 20 season tix if anyone wants to go to a game, just PM me. It's great football.

#39 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

And now it's another new season. Rebels are 3-0 after their win yesterday in Chiliwack.

Next home game vs. Vancouver Island (Nanaimo) Raiders out at Bear Mountain Stadium, Saturday, August 29th @ 7pm.

#40 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

Victoria Rebels football team readies for home opener
By Paul Seal, VibrantVictoria.ca
http://vibrantvictoria.ca/?p=3802

The Victoria Rebels will play their first home game of the 2010 season this Saturday, July 31st at Langford’s Bear Mountain Stadium at City Centre Park.

The Rebels enter their 25th season in the BC Football Conference, and this year’s schedule has them playing five regular-season home games, and five on the road.

The ten-game season may seem short by hockey, baseball, or even pro football standards, but the preparation for this season goes back months, if not a full year. Head coach John Cardilicchia was busy right from the end of last season (although he was not named head coach until January of this year, he was already an integral part of the coaching staff) recruiting players then hosting a try-out camp in April. Main camp began at the start of July. [...]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users