Victoria homelessness and street-related issues

• Please log in to reply
25851 replies to this topic

#12501 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

The homerism in these last dozen comments is hilarious. Who really cares.

#12502 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

^I DONT have all that stuff without having to go to Langford... Nothing on your list does Langford corner the make on... except Costco.,Glenwood Meats, Princess Auto, Langford Lanes,Lakes,Speedway,Rugby,Golfcourse,and much more. Victoria has none of what Langford has.

#12503 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

Then why do you spend your days hanging around Victoria, lol? You're down here ALL the time. Almost (if not) every day.
  • sdwright.vic likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12504 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

Reasons we and many Saanich families ever go to Langford:

Costco
Superstore
Special event at a venue there

Otherwise we PASS it to get to Sooke/Hiking/Camping or up the Malahat

So sdwright is NOT out-to-lunch.

Edited by LocalMom, 22 April 2017 - 01:14 PM.

• sdwright.vic and nagel like this

#12505 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

Because I work down there you know that already :)

#12506 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

Not in the off season ya don't! You're down in Victoria all the time! Haha! Gotcha!

HB absolutely LOVES Victoria, lol.

(Just razzin ya, HB. If I lived in Langford I'd want to be in Victoria all of the time, too).
  • Nparker, Matt R. and sdwright.vic like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12507 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

https://victoriabcno...brett-arrested/

What? The mayor there didn't instruct the police not to arrest her?
  • A Girl is No one likes this

#12508 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

^I DONT have all that stuff without having to go to Langford... Nothing on your list does Langford corner the make on... except Costco.,Glenwood Meats, Princess Auto, Langford Lanes,Lakes,Speedway,Rugby,Golfcourse,and much more. Victoria has none of what Langford has.

I do have that stuff... it was an auto correct goof and you know that. Otherwise the rest of the stuff makes no sense with don't

As for your list of additons, since I have no use for any of those stores (SuperStore, Princess Auto), attractions (Western Speedway- I have been to the Daytona and Indy 500 several time, you can have your "Speedway"), or events (Rugby, eh...). I, and many others have no reason for Langford except Costco, and like I said, if Costco build elsewhere, I can give up my trips to to Glenwood.

I never said Victoria HAD everything. I said all Langford has that people can't get elsewhere is Costco... yet I would never step foot in Superstore.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#12509 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

What? The mayor there didn't instruct the police not to arrest her?

The irony, the one person they arrest isn't actually homeless. 

• pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#12510 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

Langford's got HB, top that suckers!!!

• Matt R. likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#12511 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

^Thank Gawd! :P

Edited by sdwright.vic, 22 April 2017 - 07:33 PM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#12512 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Based on the last dozen or so posts I am afraid I have to award this thread the NParker stamp of discontent

off-topic.jpg

• LocalMom, sdwright.vic and A Girl is No one like this

#12513 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

yep one of the originals out here.

Edited by HB, 23 April 2017 - 07:24 AM.

#12514 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:04 AM

Chris Lawson lives in Dockside Green in Vic West and walks by Reeson Park most mornings. He said he noticed campers there before, but it wasn’t an issue because they packed up every morning as required by the city’s parks bylaw, which allows camping in most city parks if shelter beds aren’t available.

“Now there’s stuff strewn everywhere 24-7,” said Lawson, who has contacted the bylaw office and city council about the issue.

In an email response from the mayor’s office, Lawson was told “there is no bylaw provision that precludes the individuals to vacate the park during the day,” but that the city and police are monitoring it and working with the province to improve housing options for people there.

“They basically said it’s a problem for other levels of government,” he said. “I disagree. Keeping the streets and sidewalks clear is up to the city. It’s a hazard … and it’s embarrassing.”

Bowen Osoko from the Victoria Police Department said there has ben an elevated response to the park, with police, city staff and the province focusing their efforts there.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.pIsFSZ7Z.dpuf

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12515 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

The couple came from Saskatoon via Nanaimo, where they advocated for supervised drug-consumption sites. 

I don't understand why we keep being told that the homeless are from the area.....when the news reports keep stating otherwise.

• Nparker, Dietrich, mbjj and 3 others like this

#12516 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

Every morning I see police there. Every morning.

And when I pass by multiple times a day I see them quite often again, and more and more I'm seeing them again during the afternoon rush.

Victorians are growing tired of the "other levels of government" schtick. They really are.
  • VicHockeyFan, Nparker, sdwright.vic and 3 others like this

Know it all.

#12517 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

(Posts above deleted)

HB.

Let it go. Nobody cares that you think people should be allowed to litter their crap in that park. This isn't what this discussion is about. This is about Victoria tax payers wanting their mayor to react. Since it doesn't affect you and you can't help yourself from trolling, take another break for a few days.
  • weirdie, sdwright.vic and Daveyboy like this

Know it all.

#12518 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

I don't understand why we keep being told that the homeless are from the area.....when the news reports keep stating otherwise.

Because it doesn't fit Helps' narrative. If people were told that the real desire was to make Victoria the homeless capital of Canada they would not continue to support the 'cause'.

• Nparker, pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#12519 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

Every morning I see police there. Every morning.

And when I pass by multiple times a day I see them quite often again, and more and more I'm seeing them again during the afternoon rush.

Victorians are growing tired of the "other levels of government" schtick. They really are.

Of course this is not at all related to the pending closings of Choices and Our other Place (or whatever it is called). Another stunt to try and get more money and resources from the Province.

#12520 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

Another stabbing on Johnson street last night. VicPD tweet indicated that they were closing the 800 block of Johnson and up at Fernwood. Hmmm... The victim was found (alive) at Johnson and Fernwood. What's on the 800 block of Johnson again????
  • Nparker and pennymurphy2000 like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users