BUILT
Offices at Eagle Creek Village
Uses: office, commercial
Address: Helmcken Road at Watkiss Way
Municipality: View Royal
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Eagle Creek Village is a multi-use development situated across the street from the Victoria General Hospital i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Offices at Eagle Creek Village on Citified.ca
Photo

[View Royal] Eagle Creek Village | Built

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#121 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

I am regularly house sitting a short walk from Eagle Creek and i have to say it clearly has been success.   It is busier than I had expected.

Even though it is nothing exciting at all in terms of look and feel it does seem to be building a regular community there.   I am seeing regulars are the Starbucks.   

What I do like about it is that there is a Y, housing and offices at the site and not just retail.   And of course it is walking distance from the hospital and is a place to park near VGH without having to pay their extortionate parking rates

#122 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:38 AM

I am regularly house sitting a short walk from Eagle Creek and i have to say it clearly has been success.   It is busier than I had expected.

Even though it is nothing exciting at all in terms of look and feel it does seem to be building a regular community there.   I am seeing regulars are the Starbucks.   

What I do like about it is that there is a Y, housing and offices at the site and not just retail.   And of course it is walking distance from the hospital and is a place to park near VGH without having to pay their extortionate parking rates

Didn't think of that, re: the parking rates.  Last couple of times I've visited people in VGH I've intentionally biked to avoid the crazy fees.

#123 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

Didn't think of that, re: the parking rates.  Last couple of times I've visited people in VGH I've intentionally biked to avoid the crazy fees.

Now you can park at Eagle Creek for free

#124 weisguy86

weisguy86
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

not so fast... they do have parking lot patrol and will tow vehicles found to be parking and heading to the hospital.

• Nparker likes this

#125 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

Now you can park at Eagle Creek for free

Park in the BCT park & ride and cross the street.  That's what hospital workers do.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#126 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

I stopped into Cobs Bakery here this evening and was told by staff that the location will close permanently at the end of tomorrow.

It is due to  very poor numbers of customers . The store is not viable.

The staff have all been offered other options within Cobs at other locations.

Funny thing is the website claims the store is closing indefinitely due to new ownership

The store has been open less than 1 year.

• HB likes this

#127 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

I stopped into Cobs Bakery here this evening and was told by staff that the location will close permanently at the end of tomorrow.

It is due to  very poor numbers of customers . The store is not viable.

Funny thing is the website claims the store is closing indefinitely due to new ownership

None of the stores there are busy. Poor access and the office space isn't leasing. Will take a while.

#128 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Uninspired development so not really a draw, only a convenience. Shoot, I bet the people living in the condos at the one end of the parking lot drive to the other end to get their groceries....
  • nagel likes this

#129 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

There are no condos there, just rental apartments.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#130 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

I go strictly for the QF Chinese food.

#131 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

QF ribs are great

#132 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

I bike there for booze and milk and yes access is a disaster.  It's only convenient for me because I'm on a bike and I don't need to follow the strict rules of the road, so at that "emergency only" left turn towards Timmy's off of Helmcken, I interpret that as beer is an emergency.

If I had to legally bike in there from the Goose, I'd have to go down the hill, around the roundabout, up the massive hill and around the parkade entrance.  F*** that noise.

• Baro likes this

#133 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:45 AM

The single traffic lane towards the TCH I feel may have been a mistake. That area seems to get a little congested.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#134 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

I go strictly for the QF Chinese food.

I most certainly will recognize you then when I go to QF. The times that I have been there staff have outnumbered customers about 2:1

#135 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:59 AM

I've been once. My feeling was QF was pricey. Nice, but it was Thrifty prices. The anchor tenant needs to do well for all the other places to also do well, I think.

#136 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

Dear Customers,
Due to a change in ownership, this bakery will be closed as of Saturday, January 21st until further notice.For your fresh baked goods, please visit us at:

COBS Bread - 2401 Millstream Rd, Langford
COBS Bread - 4430 West Saanich Road, Saanich
COBS Bread - 2955 Phipps Road, Langford

You can also use our bakery locator to find the most convenient location.
http://www.cobsbread...my-local-bakery

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#137 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

Old news by now

It is due to very poor numbers of customers . The store is not viable.

#138 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:14 AM

Cobs has already reopened.

#139 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:17 AM

As a Cobs?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#140 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

Yes it's a Cobs and it was open yesterday with a big "re-opened" sign.  I would have gone in to buy bread but we haven't eaten wheat in a month at my place.  Sorry Cobs, you lost a customer through no fault of your own.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users