BUILT
Offices at Eagle Creek Village
Uses: office, commercial
Address: Helmcken Road at Watkiss Way
Municipality: View Royal
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Eagle Creek Village is a multi-use development situated across the street from the Victoria General Hospital i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Offices at Eagle Creek Village on Citified.ca
Photo

[View Royal] Eagle Creek Village | Built

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 Matt in Langford

Matt in Langford
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I like this development especially the fact residential is being incorporated into it. And I especially like the fact Quality Foods is the anchor. We hit their Parksville store any time we're in the area and need groceries. Hopefully the finished development looks as good as the rendering.

We have frequented their Parksville store as well and enjoy their Chinese food.  Fresh.  Tasty.  Better than many Chinese take out places, and at reasonable prices. The food is cooked in-house.  The Langford store will open first in May 2014 I believe, in the old Ashley Furniture location.  

The location is great for hospital workers and others in the neighbourhood.  I do feel sorry for Helmcken Market.  It will be a tough battle for them.  I do miss seeing the cows grazing though.  :unsure:

#42 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Helmcken Market's days will be numbered but then the property value will skyrocket. And staff at the market will more than likely have ample employment opportunities right across the street.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#43 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Helmcken Market's days will be numbered but then the property value will skyrocket. And staff at the market will more than likely have ample employment opportunities right across the street.

Prime spot for a gas station perhaps.

After staying at the hospital a few days recently, I noticed there is a lack of quality services nearby. This development will help a lot!

Also glad to hear Quality foods has good Chinese foods - does this extend to staples like Fairways offers, or only fresh cooked? Always keeping an eye out for better sources of bok choy, BBQ pork, etc.

Edit: No pun intended... wow, didn't notice it...

Edited by lanforod, 27 November 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#44 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Given that the site is zoned C4 - Neighbourhood Commercial, the site would only allow a few uses and has significant restrictions on how much of the site can be used

#45 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm sure it can be rezoned without any complaints from the neighbourhood. I would except a residential development to spring up there at some point.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#46 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm sure it can be rezoned without any complaints from the neighbourhood. I would except a residential development to spring up there at some point.

The need to re-zone will make it less desirable to develop especially given how small the property is

#47 Matt in Langford

Matt in Langford
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Prime spot for a gas station perhaps.

After staying at the hospital a few days recently, I noticed there is a lack of quality services nearby. This development will help a lot!

Also glad to hear Quality foods has good Chinese foods - does this extend to staples like Fairways offers, or only fresh cooked? Always keeping an eye out for better sources of bok choy, BBQ pork, etc.

Edit: No pun intended... wow, didn't notice it...

The Quality Foods locations I have visited have a limited amount of Asian foods.  Not near the selection of Fairway Market.  That being said, the fresh Chinese Food at Quality Foods is better than the fresh Chinese Food at the Fairway stores.  In my humble opinion.

#48 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

The Quality Foods locations I have visited have a limited amount of Asian foods.  Not near the selection of Fairway Market.  That being said, the fresh Chinese Food at Quality Foods is better than the fresh Chinese Food at the Fairway stores.  In my humble opinion.

Thanks. Not exactly looking for fresh cooked Chinese foods with several good authentic places that do takeout here, more for staples, a la T n T in Vancouver.

#49 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks. Not exactly looking for fresh cooked Chinese foods with several good authentic places that do takeout here, more for staples, a la T n T in Vancouver.

Which places do you use for takeout?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#50 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

Which places do you use for takeout?

Primarily Ho Tong and Halibut House

#51 Brick and Mortar

Brick and Mortar
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

The need to re-zone will make it less desirable to develop especially given how small the property is

Phase 2 is mixed commercial/residential phase 3 all resi.

#52 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

There is some serious yellow painted iron horses on this site now.

image.jpg

#53 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

Are they still excavating or has actual construction begun?

Know it all.

#54 weisguy86

weisguy86
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Are they still excavating or has actual construction begun?

excavating and blasting rock

• Mike K. likes this

#55 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

This just in:

Helmcken traffic to get worse before it gets better

Apparently, they want to reduce the number of lanes on Helmcken Rd and add some " traffic calming".

“The north side of Helmcken, coming down from the Burnside Road intersection, has been a raceway,” said Mayor Graham Hill. “Town council has been berated pretty heavily, ‘please fix this and make it better.’”

"Heading south, towards the Trans-Canada Highway, the section of Helmcken Road intersecting with Watkiss Way will be reduced from two through-traffic lanes to one, along with a left-turn lane at the intersection."

Full Storey:   http://www.vicnews.c.../244408991.html

#56 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

This just in:

Helmcken traffic to get worse before it gets better

Apparently, they want to reduce the number of lanes on Helmcken Rd and add some " traffic calming".

“The north side of Helmcken, coming down from the Burnside Road intersection, has been a raceway,” said Mayor Graham Hill. “Town council has been berated pretty heavily, ‘please fix this and make it better.’”

"Heading south, towards the Trans-Canada Highway, the section of Helmcken Road intersecting with Watkiss Way will be reduced from two through-traffic lanes to one, along with a left-turn lane at the intersection."

Full Storey:   http://www.vicnews.c.../244408991.html

Meanwhile there will be a lot more cars from this development and Watkiss Rise (1 condo building and 4 townhouse buildings) up the road.  This is as stupid as new bike lanes in Victoria eliminating traffic lanes.  We need more roads, not less especially in a car only area.  They need better traffic enforcement

• Nparker likes this

#57 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Better traffic enforcement, I agree. What do they expect on a downhill approach to a highway merging lane, that people will turtle their way down the road?

Know it all.

#58 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Anyone able to get us an update photo?

Know it all.

#59 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

View Royal should amalgamate with Esquimalt then Barb Desjarden can be put in charge of this section of road. She could make it one lane each way and lower the speed limit to 30 or 40, throw in some islands with bushes and trees.

She is planning on makin Admirals one lane each way from Esquimalt to Colville.

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

View Royal has her beat with the bushes and islands already. Have you seen what their "beautification" has done to Helmcken? It's like a Disneyland for medians and roundabouts.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users