BUILT
Offices at Eagle Creek Village
Uses: office, commercial
Address: Helmcken Road at Watkiss Way
Municipality: View Royal
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Eagle Creek Village is a multi-use development situated across the street from the Victoria General Hospital i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Offices at Eagle Creek Village on Citified.ca
Photo

[View Royal] Eagle Creek Village | Built

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#81 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

Any photos south from the office building? :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#82 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

Any photo updates of this?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#83 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

Any photo updates of this?

I drive by here often.  It's still going to be several months before anything opens.  I think the Quality Foods is slated for January.

#84 JennKa

JennKa
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

Word from someone who attended a presentation at Vic General last week is that a hyperbaric chamber will be part of the property.  Possibly a private therapy clinic?

#85 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

Drove by here the other day and was blown away by this project. It really changes the feel of the area. 

• AllseeingEye likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#86 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:26 PM

Some up-to-date photos would be great.

#87 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

Last I heard there may be some retailers opening on the 5th but I can't confirm it anywhere.

#88 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

Drove by here the other day and was blown away by this project. It really changes the feel of the area. 

Agree I like this development overall, although whoever came up with the idea of siting a roundabout - and an undersized one at that with a really tight turning radius - at the entrance to an Emergency ward of a major hospital, should give their head a shake.

#89 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

The office component is doing quite well, too.

First wave of retailers ready for customers at View Royal's Eagle Creek Village

http://victoria.citi...-creek-village/

View Royal's Eagle Creek Village mixed-use office, commercial and residential development is set to welcome the public as early as Tuesday, February 9th according to sources familiar with the project.

A Tim Horton's coffee shop, a Cobbs Bakery and a Subway eatery are reported to be Eagle Creek's first wave of retail tenants ready for business as crews work to finish a four-storey rental apartment while other retailers complete tenant improvements.

Situated on Helmcken Road at Watkiss Way near Victoria General Hospital, the project will be anchored by a Quality Foods grocery store (planned to open by the end of February or in early March) alongside familiar commercial tenants such as Starbucks, Dollar Tree, Bosley's, Cascadia Liquor Store, Great Clips and Forbes Pharmacy. A YMCA fitness facility will flank the shopping centre's northern perimeter with an opening planned for late winter or early spring. [Full article]

• Nparker and 2F2R like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#90 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

Quality Foods. The grocery store will be opening by the end of February or in early March.

Eagle-Creek-Village-February-08-2016a.jpg

Eagle-Creek-Village-February-08-2016d.jpg

Eagle-Creek-Village-February-08-2016c.jpg

Eagle-Creek-Village-February-08-2016b.jpg

Know it all.

#91 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:14 PM

What non-chain, one-of-a-kind retailers will be moving into this development?

#92 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

Cascadia Liquor is opening there and my understanding is a dental office will be opening in one of the retail spaces.

February 8 photos of the rental residential building and the office building.

Eagle-Creek-rental-February-16-2016a.jpg

Eagle-Creek-rental-February-16-2016b.jpg

Eagle-Creek-rental-February-16-2016c.jpg

Eagle-Creek-rental-February-16-2016d.jpg

Eagle-Creek-rental-February-16-2016e.jpg

Eagle-Creek-office-February-08-2016a.jpg

Eagle-Creek-office-February-08-2016b.jpg

Eagle-Creek-office-February-08-2016c.jpg

Eagle-Creek-office-February-08-2016d.jpg

Eagle-Creek-office-February-08-2016e.jpg

• 2F2R likes this

Know it all.

#93 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

Tim Horton's is Opening Tomorrow Feb 9 2016

Edited by HB, 08 February 2016 - 06:19 PM.

• Nparker and 2F2R like this

#94 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

The office component is doing quite well, too.

First wave of retailers ready for customers at View Royal's Eagle Creek Village

http://victoria.citi...-creek-village/

View Royal's Eagle Creek Village mixed-use office, commercial and residential development is set to welcome the public as early as Tuesday, February 9th according to sources familiar with the project.

A Tim Horton's coffee shop, a Cobbs Bakery and a Subway eatery are reported to be Eagle Creek's first wave of retail tenants ready for business as crews work to finish a four-storey rental apartment while other retailers complete tenant improvements.

Situated on Helmcken Road at Watkiss Way near Victoria General Hospital, the project will be anchored by a Quality Foods grocery store (planned to open by the end of February or in early March) alongside familiar commercial tenants such as Starbucks, Dollar Tree, Bosley's, Cascadia Liquor Store, Great Clips and Forbes Pharmacy. A YMCA fitness facility will flank the shopping centre's northern perimeter with an opening planned for late winter or early spring. [Full article]

Cobs Bread? Or is Cobbs bakery something else?

#95 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:42 PM

It's a normal Cobs Bread like in Harris green and every strip mall in town

#96 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

That's a nice looking little office building. It almost looks like it belongs on Fort Street or something.

#97 G. Hanson

G. Hanson
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:52 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed in this forum (and this is the first time I'm seeing it, due to living abroad), but that site plan and overall development scheme seems to be a missed opportunity for that site. It is what it is now, and the office building does look nice, but unfortunately that is sprawl development at its finest. Too bad as well, since a future natural rapid transit stop will be located somewhere near there. Never enough foresight practiced from everyone that allowed that development to move forward. 

I'm not sure what the View Royal OCP has stipulated, but that corner in particular could've been developed into a nice little suburban centre if the VGH parking lot is ever allowed to be redeveloped. 

#98 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed in this forum (and this is the first time I'm seeing it, due to living abroad), but that site plan and overall development scheme seems to be a missed opportunity for that site. It is what it is now, and the office building does look nice, but unfortunately that is sprawl development at its finest. Too bad as well, since a future natural rapid transit stop will be located somewhere near there. Never enough foresight practiced from everyone that allowed that development to move forward. 

I'm not sure what the View Royal OCP has stipulated, but that corner in particular could've been developed into a nice little suburban centre if the VGH parking lot is ever allowed to be redeveloped. 

How is it not a suburban centre? This is exactly like Broadmead Village or Royal Oak Centre.

#99 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

Well, View Royal is suburban, so  yeah, Eagle Creek has a suburban look and feel.

#100 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

I'm confused whether that means you wanted it less developed or more developed.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users