BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1693 replies to this topic

#981 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,391 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

... since Pam apparently likes it gives me pause and makes me wonder if we're going to wind up with a bunch of boring, identical 4-6 story 'smurf' buildings.....

This is precisely what I fear.  :whyme:

• 2F2R likes this

#982 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

First speaker on Dockside tonight says the pipeline from Dockside to Ocean Pointe Hotel does not carry anything, it's "terminated".

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#983 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

What happened with this one?

#984 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

Ah I see from twitter it was unanimously approved.

#985 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

Was there any talk of transient zoning?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#986 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

Was there any talk of transient zoning?

None that I heard, right up until close to voting time.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#987 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

So we don't know whether transient zoning was axed? Odd. That was one of the big issues in earlier discussions.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#988 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

Dockside-Green-rezoning-approved.jpg

Artist's vision for a component of Vic West's updated Dockside Green development plan. Taller buildings, more green spaces and a transient zoning ban (also known as 'AirBnB' zoning) are some of the project scope's notable changes approved by City of Victoria councillors.

Taller buildings and 'AirBnB' prohibition part of revised Dockside Green plan

http://victoria.citi...ide-green-plan/

Vic West’s massive Dockside Green development has been re-approved by the City of Victoria following a years-long construction hiatus and re-envisioning process that will yield taller buildings, more green space and a prohibition of transient (‘AirBnB’) zoning.

The multi-acre former railroad and heavy industry brownfield site bordered by Esquimalt, Harbour and Tyee roads in Victoria’s Vic West neighbourhood was originally approved just over a decade ago. Then touted as the ‘greenest’ development in the world, the concept included a multitude of low-rise condominiums and apartments, offices, a hotel, light industrial uses and ample green spaces developed to the highest environmental standards of the day.

However, only two initial phases were built (the last completing in 2009), leaving approximately three quarters of the site as undeveloped land and its team of early visionaries seeking opportunities elsewhere. [Full article]

• AllseeingEye likes this

Know it all.

#989 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Nice to see there will be more open space, but taller building to.

Wonder how long it will be before a developer steps up to the plate?

#990 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

Well, they're missing a huge housing boom, so you would think they would get into the game right quick.

So, VanCity is now able to auction off each building to individual builders, who then apply for their own development permits, correct? Or am I misremembering?

#991 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,391 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

At least someone understands that if you are going to dedicate more of the land to green space (although so close to Vic West Park I am not sure it is entirely necessary), that taller buildings are needed if the appropriate viable density is to be achieved.

• Baro likes this

#992 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

Yes, each phase will now be moved on by whomever steps up to the plate with the right money in hand. Same as what's happening at Bayview

Know it all.

#993 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

So two big, slow as molasses multi-phase master planned communities in Vic West. Got it.

• Nparker likes this

#994 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

So we don't know whether transient zoning was axed? Odd. That was one of the big issues in earlier discussions.

Well... you must have found out that it was axed per the new citified article!  :1954_dancing:  Thanks for the update, I hope that the development is a success!

• Mike K. likes this

#995 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

Well, they're missing a huge housing boom, so you would think they would get into the game right quick.

So, VanCity is now able to auction off each building to individual builders, who then apply for their own development permits, correct? Or am I misremembering?

I think you have this exactly right.

#996 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

So two big, slow as molasses multi-phase master planned communities in Vic West. Got it.

Can you include Railyards as three?

• DavidSchell likes this

#997 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

Hey...Bayview, Railyards, and Dockside Green are all happening at *lightning speed* compared to the Roundhouse community...

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 27 January 2017 - 10:17 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#998 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hah! I suppose we should.

On the plus side, Railyards is almost done and has at least been plodding along for 10 years. Correct me if I am wrong, but Railyards has never actually stalled, has it?

• Nparker likes this

#999 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

Hah! I suppose we should.

On the plus side, Railyards is almost done and has at least been plodding along for 10 years. Correct me if I am wrong, but Railyards has never actually stalled, has it?

Nope never stalled. In fact I recall LeFevre slowing down as things heated up probably because of rising costs and increased competition. Also wasn't the typical set up the development and then flip it. Big heart for Le Fevre!

#1000 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

any bets on when any of this will actually be built by? 2030?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)