Amalgamation of Victoria municipalities

• Please log in to reply
1623 replies to this topic

#1621 lanforod

lanforod
  • 4,216 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

^ that is interesting. I've always thought that would start smaller, with CADREB and FVREB joining first. What's the actual purpose of a REB anyways these days. Seems most of the services (lockboxes, MLS, training) could be easily replaced by online services from one company or one national service.

#1622 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

Whew!!  Bit off topic, but we are going through the process of having a referendum on incorporation here on Salt Spring (yes, that's right, no municipal government here) and it's shaping up to be a lot of fun!

Matt.

• Nparker and SusanJones like this

#1623 SusanJones

SusanJones
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

Whew!!  Bit off topic, but we are going through the process of having a referendum on incorporation here on Salt Spring (yes, that's right, no municipal government here) and it's shaping up to be a lot of fun!

Matt.

How is the general feeling around town Matt?

#1624 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

Pretty mixed as you might imagine. 

Water, police, fire, roads, all big issues.  Some people say incorporating will cost us more and yield fewer services, others say less and yield better services, but from my perspective right now we pay a hell of a lot of tax and get little service!  Especially what we are used to in Victoria or Saanich, etc.  I am pretty sure residential property tax will go up, but commercial property tax will go down, so I know which side I am on.

Matt.

• Nparker and SusanJones like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users