• 9,211 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

Anybody else going to Zac Brown Band?

#1482 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Stoked to pick up our tickets for Depeche Mode in Vancouver October 25 @ Rogers Arena; $125 for floor seats. That's gonna be a great show....

I'll be there!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1483 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Ooh, Mastodon and EODM playing oct 25 in van too. Yum yum.

Matt.

#1484 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

The Rural Alberta Advantage, November 25 @ Commodore Ballroom. Presale this Thursday.

This one will sell out quick.

Matt.

#1485 nerka

nerka
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

Corb Lund and Ian Tyson at the Royal Jan 9th

• Matt R. likes this

#1486 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Killers in Vancouver UBC December.

• Mike K. and Matt R. like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1487 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Doobie Brothers and The Eagles performing at Safeco Field in Seattle this Saturday. 

Yours truly has tickets in section 140.  

• VicHockeyFan and rjag like this

#1488 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Got my four tickets to Corb Lund and Ian Tyson on the presale. Fourth row!

Matt.
  • todd and nerka like this

#1489 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Doobie Brothers and The Eagles performing at Safeco Field in Seattle this Saturday. 

Yours truly has tickets in section 140.  

Nice one. Saw them at Classic West in LA this years. Eagles were outstanding.

#1490 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

One of Canada’s most iconic rock bands will perform their 54·40 Unplugged
tour at the McPherson Playhouse on F​ebruary 22 at 7​:30​ PM.

As an RMTS OnStage subscriber, you are invited to purchase tickets
before they go on sale to the public on O​ctober 13 at 10:​00​ AM.

Beginning O​ctober 12 from 10:​00​ AM - 10:​00​ PM, simply click on the image
below and enter the promo code RADIOLUV to purchase your advance tickets.

54·40 Unplugged: Songs & Stories is an intimate and reimagining of 54-40’s greatest hits performed as you’ve never heard them before. Featuring original arrangements of violin, guitar, banjo, mandolin and more this performance gives new context and spirit to classic songs fans all know and love. In between songs the band engages with the audience sharing stories from their 30+ years together as a band. In January 2016 they released La Difference: A History Unplugged that feature 10 of their greatest hits recorded as never heard before.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1491 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Artist presale was yesterday, got my four. If you are interested in this don't wait, they'll go fast.

After passing on an opportunity to see Temple of the Dog last year because it was "too expensive" I've really changed my tune on seeing bands I've always wanted to but for some reason never did.

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#1492 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Queens of the Stone Age Jan 22 at the arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHKOC64KnE

Hmmmm, I'd think that would have to be a pretty decent ticket price to make it work.

2018 VILLAINS NORTH AMERICA TOUR

Having lain waste to grateful capacity crowds from Chicago’s Riot Fest to Denver’s Red Rocks to the 30,000+ strong throng at the recent CalJam 17—and with a first ever headline engagement at New York’s Madison Square Garden barely a week away—Queens Of The Stone Age announce the first 2018 installment of the ongoing and ever intensifying Villains North American touring campaign.

The new dates, which begin January 22, 2018 in Victoria BC and include headline stops at The Forum in Los Angeles and Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, will be on sale from October 27.

The 2018 shows are announced in the wake of every North American date on the current run having sold out while generating the most ecstatic responses of the Queens’ touring history, with recent raves including:

"Queens can go dark and sinister with the best arena-rock bands of the last two decades.”—CHICAGO TRIBUNE

“Awesome… while Villains under Ronson's guidance brings out the dance-floor undertones from the group, Queens is still a band that rocks hard, evident at its intense Milwaukee show Sunday for a sold-out crowd”—MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL

“A thing of beauty... a wonderfully ugly, gnarly, twisted batch of songs that offered equal parts release and rejoicing for the sold-out, cramped-but-lively crowd”—MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE

“Immense power… Very few bands can put the hammer down so heavy while getting so ethereal on the top”—PITTSBURGH POST GAZETTE

Produced by Mark Ronson and Queens Of The Stone Age, Villains was released August 25 on Matador Records. The album debuted at #1 in the UK, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland and Portugal, #2 in Germany, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Norway and Ireland, #3 on the Billboard 200 and #1 on the U.S. album chart, #4 on Japan’s international chart and #5 in Italy—easily the single biggest global sales week of the Queens’ seven album stretch. Villains’ first seven days in existence also saw nearly 100,000 vinyl albums moved worldwide, as the record became the #1 selling vinyl LP in the UK, U.S. and Germany. Villains also took the U.S. #1 spots on the Alternative, Hard, Rock, Internet and Independent Label Album charts and #2 on the Digital Album sales chart.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 18 October 2017 - 12:43 PM.

#1493 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Booooooorinnnnnnngggg...

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1494 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

The people behind Squamish Valley Music Fest (which was cancelled in 2016) will be back with a music, arts, and food festival in Stanley Park next year: http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-park-1.4358990

Sept 7-9, 2018, so likely the week before Rifflandia

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#1495 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Jon and Roy Christmas concerts announced today. The usual alix goolden PLUS shows in Campbell river and salt spring at the Fulford hall, which is a tremendous venue and great sound.

Jesse Roper doing an acoustic set and the weirdos of Astrocolor coming along too.

Matt.

#1496 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

1970s: The Brothers Forbes

1980s: Roxxlyde

2010s: Jon and Roy

• Matt R. likes this

#1497 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Also Barney Bentall is about to start his province wide Cariboo Express tour, which is always a good time!

Matt.

#1498 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

The Tall Tree festival held annually near Port Renfrew has been called for 2018. Organizers say they need to reassess the future of the festival following financial issues.

Know it all.

#1499 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

The Tall Tree festival held annually near Port Renfrew has been called for 2018. Organizers say they need to reassess the future of the festival following financial issues.

It just sounds like the organizer has lots on his plate, he owns a few businesses.  And year after year the festival was barely breaking even.  At one point it might have been necessary and nice to fill his Big Fish Lodge with guests.  Now maybe a summer festival makes less sense, as Renfrew becomes more popular.  He's still doing his February festival  Song and Surf.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 16 November 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#1500 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

That exchange rate is hitting the festival circuit in Canada pretty hard.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users