BUILT
The Horizon, phase 1
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Tyee Road at Gaudin Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 4
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, townhome)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Horizon, phase 1, is a four-storey condominium building along Tyee Road at Gaudin Road in The Railyards, a... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Horizon, phase 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] The Railyards | Condos; townhomes

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#341 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

I'd rather have some sort of interchange in that space than 100 homes.  No idea how it would help traffic flow but it would make me feel better knowing we were doing something to improve our roads.

• thundergun likes this

#342 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

All of the railyards are at least a few yards above sea level so that's a far off concern. Most of coastal Florida on the other hand...

#343 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

About 4m above the high water mark, from what I can tell. So it shouldn't be a problem in your life time

#344 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

The-Railyards-sales-re-launch-Feb-2017.jpg

Six three-storey Sky Homes, nearing completion at The Railyard's Horizon phase, overlook Victoria's Upper Harbour. Horizon's 24 remaining condominiums and townhomes hit the market today.

24 condos and townhomes hit the market at harbourside Railyards dev

http://victoria.citi...-railyards-dev/

Victoria-based Le Fevre & Company has launched the second round of sales for its latest condominium and townhome development at Vic West’s harbour-side Railyards community.

Currently under construction with completion scheduled for August, the four-storey Horizon’s remaining collection of 18 studio, one-bedroom and one-bedroom-plus-den suites are priced from $272,900 with layouts ranging between 393 and 650 square feet.

In addition to Horizon’s condominiums, six 1,278 square foot, three-storey harbour-view ‘Sky Homes’ are also available with pricing starting at $715,000. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#345 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

Horizon’s remaining collection of 18 studio, one-bedroom and one-bedroom-plus-den suites are priced from $272,900 with layouts ranging between 393 and 650 square feet.

I was on the website, but can't find any details of the layout for the one bedroom + den or the price?

Any ideas of what the price might be?

#346 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

Here is the link to the floorplans: http://www.therailya...on_I_fp_web.pdf

I would call the sales centre as soon as you can to confirm pricing. I understand there's quite a lot of pent-up demand here, and VV/Citified were the first to release info regarding the re-launch. You can reach them at 250-380-4900.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#347 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for the update Mike.

The building is only 3 stories of condos, although there appears to be one unit on the fourth floor next to the small mechanical floor where it will (may?) connect to phase II. Would love to hear more about the plans for that and why the parkade is open on the south side (can see this if looking from the Tyee side).

If they are connecting a phase II to the first phase, the units on the south end of the building might be in for a loud next year or two.

#348 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

The entrance to the parkade will be from the east (you can see it in the photo above, between the two Sky Homes). The parkade will then connect to Horizon, phase II, which is what the opening to the south is for. At least that is my understanding.

The good news is woodframe condos go up lightning fast!

• thundergun likes this

Know it all.

#349 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

David, the two remaining 1BR's+den are priced at $425,900 and $435,900 + GST. I just heard from the sale team at Le Fevre, and they are saying they can barely keep up with the demand. I wouldn't be surprised if they were left with only a handful of units at the end of the day.

• Yung_Urbanist likes this

Know it all.

#350 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Only three condos remain in Horizon, phase 1.

Know it all.

#351 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Only three condos remain in Horizon, phase 1.

Are any of those 'skyhomes'/townhouses?

#352 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Nope, that is just the condos.

Know it all.

#353 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:44 AM

Down to just a single condo unit now.

Know it all.

#354 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

When are they planning the next phase?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#355 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Le Fevre Group has now sold the last condo in the first phase of Horizon. The focus will now switch to the project's six Sky Home townhomes. Phase two of Horizon in a few months.

Congrats to the Le Fevre team!

Know it all.

#356 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Will Phase 2 consist of a separate building/structure?

#357 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Yes! And it'll include four Sky Home townhomes.

Know it all.

#358 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

I wonder if this is the right thread to pose the question, but given the long-running success of Railyards and his Old Town projects, could LeFevre actually be the #1 condo developer in Victoria in terms of units sold since 2000? The only other developer who would seem to come close is Chard, who has built/sold 5 projects downtown and in James Bay over approximate 12 years (not counting the rental project Yello)...though Concert might also be a contender (365 Waterfront, Astoria, Bevedere, Chelsea, Era)...

#359 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,553 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

No, Le Fevre is not #1, but the ~165-unit IronWorks will certainly help push him much higher.

I believe that collectively he's built approximately 250-to-300-units of condos and townhomes. But he's also built quite a number of rentals.

Know it all.

#360 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Yes! And it'll include four Sky Home townhomes.

Can we assume the next building will be narrower then? The current one has six 'sky homes'.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users