Victoria/Westshore Rebels | B.C. Football Conference

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

If anyone is interested in seeing some pretty decent amateur football, I have lots of tix to every Rebels game you can have, saves you paying $10 at the gate.

Just pm me... first game is tomorrow night at RAP

http://www.victoriar...om/sponsors.php
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:58 PM

Wow, this is awesome. Tomorrow won't work for me because of work. Though let me know when the next game is, I'll go with my Dad.

Thanks VHF, that's really nice to offer!

and I will take you up on it too!!!! :-D

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:16 AM

Though let me know when the next game is, I'll go with my Dad.

Thanks VHF, that's really nice to offer!

and I will take you up on it too!!!! :-D

Next Saturday at 4pm vs. Vancouver.

That's awesome. I will take you up on this offer. Thanks again!!! :)
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

I like football.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:27 PM

I was watching the Lions game last night and some big dude standing on the sideline was taken out by a tackle-gone-wrong. Hilarity ensued.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

Yah, I saw that too!! It was hilarious. I though the oldtimer was down for the count...but low and behold he rose again. Man that Dickenson is getting to be rather unfortunate with his injuries...

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

True.

Did you guys know that the lifespan of a quarterback is 55 years? Those guys literally get sacked to death.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

I like football but I don't get to watch it because my family doesn't like sports and ultimatly I don't like sports. But I like football but they don't let me watch it or they make fun of me when I want to watch it. LAME!!! LAME!!!

I used to like playing football in gym class. I even wanted to join the school football team but I was too shy to try out. Lame...

#9 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

I think football would be a good game for you Jarrod. Even joining a recreational flag football league.

Yah, Black, who in their right mind would want to be a quarterback. You got guys weighing anywhere from 200-300 pounds (bigger in the NFL) rushing at you full speed trying to take your head off, crush your rib cage or destroy your knees...then you could have three or four guys all hitting you at once, or even having your big old fat linemen falling or rolling over you.

The amount of concussions they must sustain as well is amazing. Seriously imagine yourself throwing a ball, leaving yourself totally unprotected and out of the corner of your eye you see a 6 foot 4, 270 pound dude running as fast as he can, likely filled with steroid rage, headed straight for you with blood in his eyes.

Anywho..to get back on topic, who won the Rebels game tonight? I could hear the cheering from my place...

#10 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 02:13 AM

HEY why don't we do this as a group event. What a cool way to hang out. A free football game.

What do you guys think, anyone Game for a football game?

#11 Carewser

Carewser
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:43 AM

There's a good chance i'll be there, where do i get the free ticket? Do i have to meet you at so**rno's?

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

The Rebels got off to a .. er.. slow start today, although againt the perennial league favourite.

But it was a great night for live football, I had a great time.

I have about 20 tickets for every game, so just PM me and I'll put away tix.. but you need to pick up by the end of FRIDAY or they become unavailable.

Okanagan Sun give Rebels painful lesson about winning
OKANAGAN 44 • VICTORIA 3
Article Tools
Printer friendly
Font: * * * * Ron Rauch, Times Colonist
Published: Sunday, August 06, 2006
This wasn’t exactly how the Victoria Rebels envisioned opening the B.C. Football Conference but then again they were playing the always powerful Okanagan Sun.

The Sun, playing their second game of the year, gave the young Rebels many lessons on how to play winning football. The Rebels, a second-year team in the conference, showed signs of their inexperience with many costly penalties and miscues. After a bit of a slow start, the Sun showed why they are always at or near the top of the standings, rolling to an easy 44-3 victory Saturday before approximately 700 fans at Royal Athletic Park...

#13 TheVisionary

TheVisionary

Banned

• Banned
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

Sports teams win and they lose! The important thing is to get back up and go after the wins like some crazed Salmon King! I worked at the SOFMC arena when they managed to give the Idaho team a "back woods" ass whipp'in!

I was stuck behind the box suites for 75% of the game. I had a big window with a view of the back of the Victoria police headquarters. The rest of the time I stared at walls and a few doors. A supervisor/captain fianlly switched me with another staff in the main dome.

Salmon Kings look like they were going to give up a 3 point lead and lose. We held the line and stopped the other team's surge and won 6-3.

The Victoria Rebels will get back up eventually. It's good when you team crushes the opposition. Crushing things can be very satisfying.

#14 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

My life has taken an unexpected turn. It seems I now have to learn something about football. Umm.. So, what happens now? Anyone mind me tagging along to a game when they start up (not till July, right?), or acting as my official interpreter?
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#15 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=6-pSgNGjIIc:0a281]Try to incorporate local architecture in your practice sessions.[/url:0a281]
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:16 AM

My life has taken an unexpected turn. It seems I now have to learn something about football. Umm.. So, what happens now? Anyone mind me tagging along to a game when they start up (not till July, right?), or acting as my official interpreter?

Yup. I go to most games.

#17 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

Haha right on Holden! Even team sports can be fascinating to a geek like me when you merge them with Urbanism.

And thanks VicHockeyFan.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

Rebels MVP from last year is now the youngest player in the CFL at just 20 years old.

He scored a touchdown in the Calgary Stampeders first game, and was also named Outstanding Canadian (one person selected from the entire CFL each week) for week one. Not bad for a kid that could have potentially played here for another two years.

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

OK, I am sure no one is following, but here goes:

Rebels bus burns to ground last week, they still win 57-2.

This weekend is their biggest game of the season, in Nanaimo, who has won 21 straight in the reg. season since stealing the team from Vic.

If Vic wins, they are serious challengers for best team in the country.

3pm Saturday in Caledonia Park, Nanaimo.

#20 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

I'm totally following this. And I need to go to a game. What a dramatic way to bond with your teammates! I wonder how they are doing for replacing the gear that was destroyed.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users