mcrae's | Saanich | 1652 Shelbourne at McRae

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

Opening soon where the corner store was for many years.

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Opening soon where the corner store was for many years.

Hey, who changed the thread title? It's simply not called McRae's, it's called mcrae's. I'm just writing it as it is. You don't call her K. D. Lang, do you?

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

Is the business name "mcrae's?"

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Is the business name "mcrae's?"

That's what the exterior sign says. Last time I registered a business name, you need not use capital letters.

#5 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

Chinese corner store for years and years, then a florists for a short time.

#6 CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

Anyone have any idea what sort of place this is going to be? Pub? Restaurant?

#7 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Chinese corner store for years and years, then a florists for a short time.

And confirmed sighting location of Sammy Hagar:

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

Now scheduled to open as early as this Friday.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

Seems like an odd location for a restaurant?
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Seems like an odd location for a restaurant?

That's what they said about the 5th street bar and grill ;)

Hopefully it will survive, lots of houses makes it a good place to walk down to to get a bite to eat. Then again, the liquor store at Shelbourne/N. Dairy didn't work out too well in its former life as a restaurant.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#11 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

And confirmed sighting location of Sammy Hagar:

I'm truly grateful that you saved and shared this photo. It is strangely fascinating. I keep scrolling back to it. Amazed that a person could go out in public looking like that and feeling proud of himself. What a guy.....!
Pieta VanDyke

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Lots of pix on Facebook.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#13 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Lots of pix on Facebook.

Wow
Doesn't even look like the same place.

#14 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

I'm truly grateful that you saved and shared this photo. It is strangely fascinating. I keep scrolling back to it. Amazed that a person could go out in public looking like that and feeling proud of himself. What a guy.....!

He is the unofficial mascot of VV. Axe in hand he is the Governor of givin' 'er, keepin' on rockin' in the free world. I think that pic is off gumgum's flickr feed.

I'm looking forward to this restaurant. There's not enough good places in the Shelbourne/Gordon Head area although I've heard good things about the few that are there, like Naughty Nellies Fish and Chips, Fujiya.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#15 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

I don't know why anyone would think this is anything other than a great location. The whole of Saanich East is basically devoid of anything good. There are a lot of people in that neighbourhood who have no choice but the food court or some family style dining. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those things, but a 40 or 50 seat bistro with a great patio is a solid concept.

I cycled by on the way home tonight and had a real good peek inside. They are light years away from being finished. It's nothing but a mess of tools and sawdust inside. If I didn't know what it was, I'd never guess "restaurant". Maybe Labour Day?

Matt.

#16 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

I don't know why anyone would think this is anything other than a great location.

Some out-of-the-way locations are long-time winners. Examples: Med Grill Royal Oak and the Quadra Keg.

Then you have Smitty's complaining about their "out of the way" location on Douglas Street!

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:41 AM

He is the unofficial mascot of VV.

OK, so just to be clear, we aren't getting rid of the official VV mascot then?

#18 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,147 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

^ Hey VHF....now I know where the PMS comes from.

Nice hooves. :)

#19 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

He is the unofficial mascot of VV. Axe in hand he is the Governor of givin' 'er, keepin' on rockin' in the free world. I think that pic is off gumgum's flickr feed.

Although I've seen this pic a fews times, I can't take credit for it. I think it was zoomer who posted it the first time several years ago and it's been swirling around since.

#20 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,147 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

^ don't say "swirling", VHF has it tough enough already.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users