[Langford] Sooke/Jacklin tower | 20-storeys | Canceled

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

Remember the two 12-storey proposals in Langford from a few years back? The project went nowwhere when the developers pulled out of the proposal and took their business elsewhere after Colwood residents voiced some opposition.

Well, they are back and this time with what is shaping up to be a 20-storey residential proposal :smt102

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:29 PM

Ah, that's interesting.
I was wondering what they'd with it now that they'd excavated that lot.

#3 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

This is the lot as it looks today.

#4 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:06 AM

Some work is going on here now but it looks like it,s only going to be a four storey mixed use commercial, possibly a 30 unit rental app./condo for 55+

#5 hungryryno

hungryryno
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

Anyone know the status of this project? Excavating of the lot is in full swing.

#6 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:04 AM

progress as of sep. 22 / 07

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:47 AM

This may not be the tower, then. Could be that they fell back on their four/five story plan instead of going ahead with a highrise.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 hungryryno

hungryryno
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:17 AM

I hope somewhere in the mix of things the Sooke Road / Jacklin Road vicinity receive some much needed improvements, maybe this project is funding a portion of any such improvements.

#9 Pippy

Pippy
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:27 PM

I hope somewhere in the mix of things the Sooke Road / Jacklin Road vicinity receive some much needed improvements, maybe this project is funding a portion of any such improvements.

I've talked to the people who work in the restaurant at the Glen Lake Inn (eggs benny, mmm) and there are plans in place to demolish it and put up a new hotel so I think it won't be very long before improvements are seen in that whole area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users