Victoria Salmon Kings Hockey

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#1 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

I guess this is a question for VHF.

I saw Maxie walking his dog down Quadra St. His he still with team? I thought he was canned. Did he get a management position perhaps?
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#2 TheVisionary

TheVisionary

Banned

• Banned
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

I saw Maxie walking his dog down Quadra St. His he still with team? I thought he was canned. Did he get a management position perhaps?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know the answer to this question. However, now you have at least 1 reply for the forum list.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:16 PM

Not with team, but he may be living off his settlement/remainder of contract. I believe he owns a newish townhouse at Quadra and Rogers.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:54 PM

Can we get a Vibrant Victoria rate???

#5 Jeffamartin1970

Jeffamartin1970
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:11 PM

I would love to The Salmon Kings on radio or Television. Say on something like CFAX 1070 or A Channel.

#6 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

Televised away games would be awesome, though I would easily settle for a radio broadcast.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:18 AM

Can we get a Vibrant Victoria rate???

I can usually get tix for $12 (regular walk-up rate is $21).
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

That's cool....

maybe we could get a vibrant victoria group night.....??? anythoughts?

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:24 PM

NO CHARGES AGAINST VICTORIA SALMON KINGS
Feb 9, 2007

THE VICTORIA SALMON KINGS HOCKEY TEAM IS BREATHING A SIGH OF RELIEF TODAY NOW THAT CROWN COUNSEL SAYS THEY WILL NOT BE FILING CHARGES AFTER SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATIONS AGAINST SEVERAL PLAYERS LAST FALL.

CROWN SAYS THE EVIDENCE IN THE REPORT WASN'T ENOUGH FOR THE LIKELYHOOD OF A CONVICTION.

CROWN SPOKESPERSON STAN LOWE SAYS WHILE THE POLICE REPORT WAS COMPREHENSIVE, POLICE DIDN'T NECESSARILY RECOMMEND CHARGES.

"when they submit materials they do highlight provisions of the code that they submit that the investigation was targetted towards, but uh, in some instances they may specifically recommend it but most instances they know that the final decision or the decision is up to the criminal justice branch."

LOWE SAYS CROWN HAS MET WITH THE PARTIES INVOLVED AND HAS INFORMED THE TEAM.

"crown counsel met with investigators on the file, explained our decision to them, they are in agreement with our decision. Prosecutors have also met with the complainant, explained our decision to her."

THE SALMON KINGS ARE ON THE ROAD TONIGHT IN IDAHO.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

Salmon Kings tickets are only $8 inc. taxes and fees tonight if anyone wants to go watch some exonerated pro hockey players!

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

Looks very good the team will make playoffs.

#12 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

Maybe we'll finally have a sell out!

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:29 PM

^ I think they'd need to be very deep into the playoffs before we get a sell-out, I'm afraid.

#14 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

What is the biggest crowd so far? The stats I alwasy see in the paper seem to be in the 4000 range which if I remember was the break even amount...

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:38 PM

Biggest crowd ever was just over 6200 I think, opening night LAST year. This year 4600 or so has been the top, except opening night that was 4883.

#16 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:47 AM

I've had it with people complaining about sports teams. I don't watch sports, have never even bought a ticket but I know enough to realize,

-half the teams in a league will have winning records, half will have losing ones.

-the culture states that anything short of a championship is losing. A hockey team is rarely called a Conference Champion. They're called Stanley Cup losers. Therefore, to be a sports fan is to become well-associated and deeply immersed in losing. And losing lots.

-Building a championship team often involves massive injections of short-term cash and selling future draft picks. This makes sustaining a winning team over the long term virtually impossible. Thus, the despair and hand-wringing often start the morning after the championship win.

My advice is to sit back and enjoy the game, cheer excellence and tenacity and boo laziness and indifference. Treat the playoffs as a reward, not a right. Oh, and don't curse in front of kids, asshole.

[/rant]
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

Well said except, there is no draft in minor-pro hockey like the ECHL, SPHL, UHL and CHL.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Salmon Kings are now in 7th spot in the conference (top 8 make the playoffs).

#19 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:18 PM

Cool, How many games left in their season?

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

^ 5 at home, and 8 total. We are so close to making the playoffs. Attendance went over 5000 one game this last weekend.

Good stuff.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users