Photo

[Langford] Jack's | Bear Mountain Resort

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

I went to Jack's, the restaurant/pub up on Bear Mountain this evening with a few friends...Excellent meal (Had a swiss chicken burger with mushrooms and onions) with sweet potato fries and aoili...Very prompt friendly service, cold beer, opened the pool table up for some free games, lots of tv's to watch the game on for those sports inclined. We sat on the patio which backs on to the golf course, excellent atmosphere for a summer evening with friends on the patio...

I know many of you will have you're funny comments bout bear mountain and such but I just thought I'd share this with anyone interested in taking a gander up there to check things out and have a great meal on a summer evening

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

I went to Jack's, the restaurant/pub up on Bear Mountain this evening with a few friends...Excellent meal (Had a swiss chicken burger with mushrooms and onions) with sweet potato fries and aoili...Very prompt friendly service, cold beer, opened the pool table up for some free games, lots of tv's to watch the game on for those sports inclined. We sat on the patio which backs on to the golf course, excellent atmosphere for a summer evening with friends on the patio...

I know many of you will have you're funny comments bout bear mountain and such but I just thought I'd share this with anyone interested in taking a gander up there to check things out and have a great meal on a summer evening

How busy was it, what time were you there?
(information collected will not be used for professional purposes*)

*Yes it will.

* Member FDIC. Not all applicants will qualify. Results not typical. Consult your health care professional before beginning any weight-management program. If erection last more than four hours, consult a physician immediately. The most common side-effects are drymouth and nausea.

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:27 AM

Wasn't there a Jack's on Fort Street that was open for a few weeks and then crashed?

#4 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

How busy was it, what time were you there?
(information collected will not be used for professional purposes*)

*Yes it will.

* Member FDIC. Not all applicants will qualify. Results not typical. Consult your health care professional before beginning any weight-management program. If erection last more than four hours, consult a physician immediately. The most common side-effects are drymouth and nausea.

hahahaha...i got there at bout 830ish...left just before 10pm - it was busy considering its location off the beaten path...as we were leaving it was defiently getting busy...We dined a table away from the big boss himself the infamous Len Barrie and some of his cronies

#5 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

I eat there once a week minimum. Haven`t had a bad meal yet, but it does get busy after about 8:00 (really busy on Fridays). The sushi place next to it is really quite good too.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

They do serve good food there, which is a surprise considering how bland pub fare can be.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

Reading through the latest BM bankruptcy proceedings it appears as though Jody Twa has resurfaced as the manager of Jack's Place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users