Photo

The Office | Victoria | 759 Yates St. (Closed in 2012)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

The Office is the new establishment opening where Hunters, Sin and Platinum once operated.

New signage has been installed but I'm not sure what date is scheduled for the opening.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Potential employees are of course wary...

http://victoria.en.c...1139106609.html

#3 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

The Office is the new establishment opening where Hunters, Sin and Platinum once operated.

New signage has been installed but I'm not sure what date is scheduled for the opening.

I hear that Paul Simpson of earls/Med Grill/Glo Euro Pub (in)fame will be running the show there.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:36 AM

Thanks. I was just about to ask who was going to manage the place.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 hotdoglegz

hotdoglegz
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

sounds like they will be open at the end of this week: I received an invite to a preview of the business

.... we are days away from opening The Office Restaurant + Lounge at 759 Yates Street in the Dalton Hotel.....

We are very excited about our beautiful new room, fantastic menu and phenomenal drink program. We will also be introducing some of our resident DJs those two evenings...our resident Director of Fun DJ Mark Bradbury will book in one or two of our group of DJs to spin for you as well.

#6 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

I wonder what a "phenomenal drink program" is? Any thoughts?

#7 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

Yeah I thought that sounded dumb.

#8 hotdoglegz

hotdoglegz
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

the new restaurant lingo is program. Sales people like to say "this wine is at the right price point for your wine program" (they also like to tell me that "the wine is tasting well right now")

#9 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:33 AM

I wonder what a "phenomenal drink program" is? Any thoughts?

hmmm.... think back, way back...

A new green garbage can...everyone dumps whatever their choice 26'er into it...thatsa phenomenal drink program, very low- brow stuff but wow what a program! lol

and hey, I wish this new place and their program the best. I'll be checking it out.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

Not open yesterday at about 3pm. Maybe they just do dinner? No indication on the door what the hours are.

#11 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

the new restaurant lingo is program. Sales people like to say "this wine is at the right price point for your wine program" (they also like to tell me that "the wine is tasting well right now")

The thing about that sentence that drives me crazy is the ridiculous new saying, "price point". Why add the word "point"? All the time I see linguistic redundancies and I always try to avoid writing them myself whenever I can, wherever I am, all the time, always, every time.

I can see this new place creating confusion and problems already because people that have white collar jobs will say they are going to "the office" so of course others will wonder why they are drunk after being at the office for a while.
In chains by Keynes

#12 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

I went here for lunch just over a month ago and was pretty soundly underwhelmed. Nothing about it made me sense it was any different from any of its previous incarnations. Interior decor, menu... it wasnt awful, just... meh.

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

The Office is planning on closing its dining room (a room separated from the main bar/dining area) and replacing it with pool tables.

Perfect timing considering Peacock's might be closing.

Know it all.

#14 VicBooster

VicBooster
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

The Office has yet to serve me a dish that I didn't like.

Everything I've tried tastes like it was cooked up by individuals who are a cut above the average kitchen staff of a Victoria restaurant.

#15 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

Had lunch there today with 3 other guys. All 4 meals were below average, the service was very slow and for a lunch trade we were 45 minutes from arrival to being served. Gotta say that none of us were impressed and will most likely give this a miss from now on.

I had the Lamb burger and it was definitely mass produced and bulk bought. Compared to the Med Grill Lamb burgers that are hand made these were crap. The house fries were overwhelmed with some garlic substance which doesnt go down very well for a lunch trade, perhaps they need to think about that one. The service was slow and eratic, no follow-up and no refills or offers of coffee or desert etc.

The restaurant itself was perhaps 1/2 full which should have said a lot as most restaurants are usually hopping at lunchtime.

I'd score this about 3 out of 10 for all 4 meals and 3 out of 10 for service.

#16 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

I walked by here today and noticed it is closed and will reopen under new management as the Yates St. Tap House. How many bars/lounges have been in here now? I can think of at least three, including Syn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users