[Esquimalt] Buccaneer Days

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

Esquimalt's Buccaneer Days fair is coming this weekend.

Just make sure you've completed your will before riding the zipper. Judging by the noise that thing makes, half the frights are caused by the anticipating of a bolt snapping.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

When I was about 13 I rode the zipper and found it absolutely terrifying. Many years passed before I screwed up the courage to ride it again but finally at 19, I tried again, confident that I was just a frightened kid the first time. Nope, same thing-heart-stopping terror.

I'm sure if I were to ride it today as a middle-aged man all I would think about are my kids, and how much I'll miss them.

No thanks.
In chains by Keynes

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

The zipper is the only reason to go to the fair, man!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

My cousin won the Bucaneer Queen beauty pagent back in the 80s - you know, when beauty pagents were still cool.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Crews are getting ready!

Buccaneer Days is this coming Weekend, May 12-15th at Bullen Park in Esquimalt.

More photos on VV's Facebook page.

2-Buccaneer-Days-May-09-2016.jpg

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#6 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Will the Ferris wheel be back this year?

#7 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

It's not a fair without a "fairis" wheel.  :banana:

#8 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

i'll admit i'm getting excited seeing some of the pictures and i don't even ride the rides (kid does), it looks like they will have different rides this year compared to previous years which will be great! last year was lacking

they are also offering discount bracelet ticket pre-sales, $30 if you pre-purchase vrs the $40 on the day (can be purchased at Esq pool)

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Oops. The event's official website still states the midway opens today, but event organizers sent out a little Facebook message on the 5th saying the midway wouldn't open until Friday at 3PM.

There's going to be a lot of unhappy people this afternoon.

Know it all.

#10 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 11:42 AM

I can’t find the ribfest thread.

ESQUIMALT RIBFEST PLANNING A RETURN SEPTEMBER 10th, 11th and 12th, 2021

Esquimalt, BC, July 27, 2021 - Event Chair Tom Woods is cautiously optimistic that Esquimalt Ribfest will be back in business at Bullen Park supporting local charities in early September, 2021.

“We are planning for a ‘full steam ahead’ event with a few contingencies in place if the current health situation changes, but BC is doing OK right now and we think a complete return to normal is possible” Woods said.

#11 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 05:13 AM

Wakey wakey! Esquimalt’s Buccaneer Days return after two-year hiatus

May 13 to 15 festivities include live music, dance, pancake breakfast, barbecue, parade and more

https://www.vicnews....wo-year-hiatus/

• Nparker likes this

#12 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:37 AM

The early-morning “Wakey wakey” call will return to Esquimalt streets this weekend as Buccaneer Days makes a comeback.

The well-loved community event kicks off at noon today with a barbecue hosted by Esquimalt Parks & Recreation at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre, said chairman Bob Mackie, who has been involved in Buccaneer Days for at least 25 years.

West Coast Amusements rides and midway next to the Archie Browning Sports Centre are expected to be ready for action by 3 p.m. today and run until 11 p.m., he said. Saturday hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

https://www.timescol...o-years-5364041

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 May 2022 - 07:38 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:50 AM

Roving youth gang alert.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#14 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:32 AM

I understand "Roving Youth Gang Alert" was going to play at Buccaneer Days, until a spot opened up at the more prestigious Tinto Rocks Festival.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users