- - - - -

Red Barn Markets in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#1 victoriagal

victoriagal
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

The most awsome place for sandwhiches, getting pretty popular though, which in some ways kinda sucks! all super fresh, never going to subway again thanks to these guys! and i can shop for groceries at the same time, awsome food! =)

#2 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

On W Saanich Rd. A very popular market.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

Definitely a great sandwich place.

On the weekends expect big lineups at the deli, though.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Finally made it here, Must admit the sandwiches are amazing. Beyond any other one I have had. And priced great also..

#5 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Absolutely the best sandwiches around. Neat that it is close and I can wear off the calories on my walk home. Highly recommended.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Red Barn has a deal going right now where you can pre-pay a $100 card to use in their stores and with that you get an additional $10. That's an awesome deal.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

Went in today. Not sure when it opened but I don't get out to Bear Mountain much. Very nice like a Victoria version of Trader Joes. More space than the Glanford location and good prices as well. :farmer:

#8 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

It also has friendly staff who dish out generous servings of 'single scoop' ice cream cones. We stop in for a sandwich and snacks every time we head out Metchosin way.

#9 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Went in today. Not sure when it opened but I don't get out to Bear Mountain much. Very nice like a Victoria version of Trader Joes. More space than the Glanford location and good prices as well. :farmer:

Hmmm, Unless that recent earthquake really shook things up I don't think that the Red Barn market anywhere near Bear Mountain. Do you mean Olympic View golf course?

#10 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hmmm, Unless that recent earthquake really shook things up I don't think that the Red Barn market anywhere near Bear Mountain. Do you mean Olympic View golf course?

Olympic View..Bear Mountain.. all the same to me. I guess it's closer to Olympic View

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

I had a chance to chat with one of Red Barn's owners the other day and he revealed an expansion plan that I know will make a lot of people happy.

Any guesses on the next location eyed by the market chain?

Know it all.

#12 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

My guess is Sidney or Mill Bay. I'm a huge Red Barn fan. We buy 90% of all our groceries there.
Edit: But Downtown would really make me happy.

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

I had a chance to chat with one of Red Barn's owners the other day and he revealed an expansion plan that I know will make a lot of people happy.

Fisherman's Wharf, where the McDonald's was gonna go.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#14 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

^McBarge to McBarn?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#15 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I hope it's the Roundhouse in Vic West! Having a grocery store anchor will give me more confidence that the project will move forward sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

#16 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Has to be Colwood Corners. That will make them the 5th grocery chain to be opening there :-)

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Good guesses so far. But nobody's hit the nail on the head yet.

Know it all.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Csv.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#19 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Uptown?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm sure everyone is on edge by now ;)

Red Barn is actively seeking space in Esquimalt. My money is on a location somewhere in the industrial area of the municipality (bordered by Old Esquimalt, Lampson and Ellery streets).

Apparently the owners receive weekly requests from landlords from across the region hoping to attract the chain's newest store.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users