[James Bay] 337 St. James St. | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Something was before the City this morning, and it had limited parking, not sure where it got to.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.victoria...._agenda_pub.pdf

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

EDIT:

COUNCILLORS DEBATE PARKING DEMANDS IN VICTORIA

May 6, 2010

PARKING IN VICTORIA COULD MAKE OR BREAK A JAMES BAY DEVELOPMENT. A COUNCIL COMMITTEE WEIGHED WHETHER OR NOT TO KILL A FOUR STOREY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FOR ST JAMES STREET BECUASE THE PROPOSAL FALLS SHORT OF NUMBER OF PARKING STALLS REQUIRED.

[...]

http://cfax1070.com/...hp?newsId=13504

PHILIPPE LUCAS SUGGESTED IT WAS TIME TO "MAKE CAR OWNERSHIP MORE ONEROUS."

[...]

Hopefully what he meant was, those that don't require a $1M underground parking lot should not have that cost built into the price of their building unit. But those that do want it are free to buy in projects that have one or two parking stalls for them.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Looks like it is likely to replace this pink B & B.

#4 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

I designed a 4 story wood-frame building on the parking lot next door, James Bay Community Ass. killed it. Wonder if they'll change their tune for this one. Damn you james bay!! My building was wonderful!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#5 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

It would be really nice if the community folks would demand a new apartment building that actually fits the existing streetscape instead of contradicting it. What a clash on that little street between the cozy houses on the one side and the big setback/lawn/trees on the other side.

http://maps.google.c...0,0.004801&z=18

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

How about less assigned parking? My building has 36 parking stalls. When I pop down early in the morning, I can usually find 4 or 5 stalls empty (more in the summer and on weekends, when people are away), that have been empty overnight. Yet I know there are at lest 4 tenants that park on the street now because they can not get an assigned stall, the lot is "full".

Why doesn't our building offer 40 or 45 parking passes, and let the stalls fill on a first-come, first-served basis? Anyone that arrives at 10pm and finds the lot full will have no problem finding a street spot at 10pm, right in front of the building. As it is now, someone that comes home at 4pm and doesn't have a stall, must juggle their car at least once on the street to avoid a ticket before 5pm, while stalls sit empty underground.

#7 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

How about less assigned parking? My building has 36 parking stalls. When I pop down early in the morning, I can usually find 4 or 5 stalls empty (more in the summer and on weekends, when people are away), that have been empty overnight. Yet I know there are at lest 4 tenants that park on the street now because they can not get an assigned stall, the lot is "full".

Why doesn't our building offer 40 or 45 parking passes, and let the stalls fill on a first-come, first-served basis? Anyone that arrives at 10pm and finds the lot full will have no problem finding a street spot at 10pm, right in front of the building. As it is now, someone that comes home at 4pm and doesn't have a stall, must juggle their car at least once on the street to avoid a ticket before 5pm, while stalls sit empty underground.

That sounds like something you should bring up with your strata.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

Anyone know the status of this project?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users