Photo

Poolside Bar and Grill | Victoria | 1961 Douglas St.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

So, now with the threat of a shutdown by a hotel buyer out of the way, this place will carry on through this summer, at least.

It's very unique in that it is the only licensed poolside deck in all of Victoria. So it is the only place that can be like Vegas, Mexico, the Caribbean or wherever, where drinks are delivered to your deck chair.

I'm not sure if liquor rules forbid it anywhere else, or if nobody else has tried it.

Kids are OK poolside too.

New fan page for those that are FB hip: http://www.facebook....61?ref=ts&__a=6

I don't know why we don't have them here, but if they did, those aluminum bottles

could be used right next to the pool - as it is now, only acrylic within 20 feet of the pool.

#2 EskimoDave

EskimoDave
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Surgenor Brewing, of Comox, use aluminum bottles currently; however they are switching over to glass.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

The Poolside lounge, restaurant and banquet facilities have today reverted to ownership by the hotel receivers, and the previous Poolside operators tomorrow begin operation of the food service and banquet facilities in the Ramada Inn at 123 Gorge E.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

But will the pool bar stay open? It is pretty unique in Victoria.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

But will the pool bar stay open? It is pretty unique in Victoria.

Probably. I think the receivers need to keep showing the place as best they can to prospective buyers.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 larrobb

larrobb
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

so what about the staff? do they stay on as lame ducks, making the place look good to potential buyers and hope whomever buys the place keeps them on? some real quality people being hung out to dry here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users