BUILT
Wilson's Walk
Uses: rental, condo
Address: 105 Wilson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 9
Wilson's Walk is an affordable rental complex at 105 Wilson Street in the City of Victoria's Vic West neighbou... (view full profile)
Learn more about Wilson's Walk on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Wilson's Walk | Rentals | 9-storeys; 27.25m | Completed -built in 2016

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

The Wing 2 will be a 73-unit "affordable ownership suite" development located beside The Wing, a 6-storey subsidized rental building in Vic West, at 105 Wilson Street.

With the news of a break-up in the Townline/BC Housing/City of Victoria subsidized rental development at The Hudson Mews, Townline is likely going to focus on The Wing 2. Unless, of course, there is more to that project now that the Hudson Mews deal has disintegrated (the completion date for this project is listed as fall 2011 on TL Housing's website).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

Wing 2 Revenge of the Small Window

Just when you thought a low income project couldn't get uglier it does. Squint at the insanely small windows, cringe at the useless triangular design elements, wince at the dull brown colour palette.

#3 CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Fall 2011? Wow - they better get on it then.

Approved by who? When?

When does this go to public tender?:rolleyes:

73 "affordable" condos; I have to wonder what "affordable" means when some of the rents in The Wing come pretty darn close to my mortgage a couple of blocks away. In fact, some of those rents are higher.

Will they be more affordable than the new ones going up at the Railyards (which I believe are starting off less than 250k)?

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

This project is still stalled. The rebar from the underground parking structure continues to poke well above grade of the fenced off site.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Crews are on-site. I'm not entirely sure what is happening but there is definitely activity within the existing concrete structure of Wing 2. An excavator is digging around between the project and the road, too.

Know it all.

#6 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Crews are on-site. I'm not entirely sure what is happening but there is definitely activity within the existing concrete structure of Wing 2. An excavator is digging around between the project and the road, too.

They are cleaning up the site, getting rid of the garbage, water, and piles of dirt as well as cut off all the exposed rebar. That's it and thats all they will do

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thank you for the confirmation, concorde.

I was hoping that the site would be cleaned up. Unfortunately it's likely that we'll be looking at an exposed shell of a site for many years to come.

Know it all.

#8 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

This is pretty much the economic results of the city's dream-vision for victoria development. Ugly and economically unfeasible.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#9 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Noticed this today on Wilson at Tyee where some work was started a few years ago

New Temporary fencing, 2 excavators and a Backhoe and some barricades.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the photo. As concorde said above, they're just cleaning up the site.

Know it all.

#11 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Sounds like this will be underway soon

Wilson's Walk

Pacifica Housing

Size: 108 units

Address: Wilson Street, Vic West

Who it’s for: Young urban singles, young couples, and families

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.aAEWFrMW.dpuf

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Phew, good thing I didn't mention this as one of the "holes" in Victoria on CFAX this morning.

Know it all.

#13 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Wilson's Walk

Pacifica Housing

Size: 108 units

Address: Wilson Street, Vic West

Who it’s for: Young urban singles, young couples, and families

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.aAEWFrMW.dpuf

Well, that sounds promising. I'm curious to see their schematics to find out what they mean by 108 units though. The Wing already houses 51 units so will this project provide 108 new units or 108 units in total for the two buildings?

#14 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Pacifica Housing presented its development proposal at a community meeting at the Victoria West Community Centre last night.

The proposed second phase of The Wing is a 9-storey, 108 unit rental apartment building at 105 Wilson Street.

The proposed development (referred to as "Wilson's Walk") requires changes to the:
1. Number of stories,
2. Number of on-site parking spaces,
3. Zoning classification,
4. Street Frontage Set-back,
5. Set-back on one or both sides, and
6. Flooring area
permitted by the zoning bylaws for the lot.

#15 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

oh my!

victoria-wilsonswalk-01.jpg

more at - http://www.pacificah...alk-development

#16 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

If the city holds this up or asks too many concessions then we know they are only giving lip service to their affordable housing mantra. It appears appropriate for it's neighbourhood. I say "get 'er done".

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Looks good!

Know it all.

#18 Layne French

Layne French
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

that is a older render, newer one looks quite a bit better( just want to express that i referenced a newer render which provides better details).

Chow Lowe Hammond is the architect

Edited by Layne French, 19 February 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Can you provide a source for the new one?

Who's the architect?

Know it all.

#20 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Are the sparkles included?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users