Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Christy Clark joins B.C. Liberal Party leadership race

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz17XgiB600

#2 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

Here's one prediction you can count on. Whoever ends up leading the Liberals, Victoria will continue to get the short end of the stick. Is there a candidate out there who actually appreciates that Victoria is the province's capital?

#3 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Christy Clark joins B.C. Liberal Party leadership race

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz17XgiB600

I heard that she was going to run for both the NDP and the Liberals to increase her odds!

#4 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

I heard that she was going to run for both the NDP and the Liberals to increase her odds!

:P

#5 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

Voters favour Christy Clark for BC Liberal leadership: poll

VANCOUVER — Christy Clark has the most positive public image among contenders for the BC Liberal leadership and is considered the candidate most likely to draw votes for the Liberals in the next election, according to a new Ipsos Reid poll.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz17auiHzgK

#6 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

Voters favour Christy Clark for BC Liberal leadership: poll

I think she is the NDP's biggest threat, it will all come down to her stance on the HST

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

I think she is the NDP's biggest threat, it will all come down to her stance on the HST

I believe the same. She is very likable. Except to members of the BCTF.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

Actually, it will all come down to how the Liberals decide to run their election.

Kevin Falcon and Christy Clark have massive recruiting teams and a one member one vote scheme (like last time) gives them a huge advantage.

The other candidates will push for a proportional representation vote to permit members from other than Surrey to actually have a say in the outcome!

#9 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

Do not underestimate George Abbott, he has a decent team on the ground and he is seen as someone between Falcon and Clark.

The latest Angus Reid poll has Clark as the front runner in public popularity, but that is not surprising given that she is a popular radio talk show host in Vancouver.

#10 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Do not underestimate George Abbott, he has a decent team on the ground and he is seen as someone between Falcon and Clark.

The latest Angus Reid poll has Clark as the front runner in public popularity, but that is not surprising given that she is a popular radio talk show host in Vancouver.

I like George but I have already seen Kevin and Christy's teams in action and I can guarantee that they will be able to sign up 10 new members for every 1 that George can get.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

A brand new poll shows NDP and Liberals in a dead heat. That's a 10% increase for the Liberals and an 11% drop for NDP since the two leader resignations. Same poll says 64% of BCers will vote to scrap HST.

http://thetyee.ca/Bl...12/09/EvenPoll/
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

I have seen George Abbott's team in action and they are cleaning up in various parts of the province. Do not count him out.

That said, Kevin Falcon has had the infrastructure in place for a run for the top job for some years now

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

This practice of signing people up right prior to a leadership race seems dumb to me. Why not just make it that you have to have been a member for x amount of time first.

#14 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

This practice of signing people up right prior to a leadership race seems dumb to me. Why not just make it that you have to have been a member for x amount of time first.

Because the people who benefit from the rules aren't in a hurry to change them?

In my opinion the whole votebank process makes a mockery of the democratic system. A few people decide who the next premier of the Province will be and the rest of us pick 1 of 2 parties.

#15 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

Is there a candidate out there who actually appreciates that Victoria is the province's capital?

Sheila Orr, Sheila Orr! To the blue phone immediately! You are needed now! :D

#16 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

I think the people running for office and the parties like the way it is so they can demonstrate how overwhelmingly popular their candidate is.

It creates a buzz and they think that others will want to join the bandwagon.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

This PIN issue is a disaster.

I didn't get mine, unless mail is late today.

#18 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Try 647448

#19 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

Well we all know that only George and Mike actually wanted regional representation. I guess that this was the fall back option.

#20 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

What PIN issue?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users