Photo

Blue Peter | Sidney | 2270 Harbour Road | Under new ownership (2011)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

It appears that the Blue Peter Pub in Sidney has closed. There is a For Sale/Lease sign on the building.

#2 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

yeh, it closed a few weeks ago. for some business is not doing very well.

#3 glenalan54

glenalan54
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

The Blue Peter Pub opened in May of 1986 overlooking the town of Sidney's Tsehum Harbour. The marine pub was decorated with wicker furnishings and an array of nautical nick-nacks. For a time the owner allowed local artists to display their works of art for sale on the walls of the pub.
It was mostly a meeting place for local and visiting boatbuilders, fishers, day-sailors and retirees. My wife and I dropped in a couple of times over the years.
Should be interesting to see if the new owners will revive the pub.

#4 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

I drove by the pub today and it has reopened.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

Do you know the address of this place?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

2270 Harbour Road, Sidney. I don't know if it is under new management or if the old owners have decided to reopen it. It's a nice location.

#7 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

This location has always been a wonderful spot to drop in for a pint and a sandwich and gander at the boats. I wish them well.

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,868 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

New owners. No idea who's behind it, the chef is someone named James Page.

Matt.

#9 Marina-man

Marina-man
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

The building is still owned by the same family which has owned it for years, they've just got a new tenant to operate the pub.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for the update!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 Marina-man

Marina-man
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Drove by the Blue Peter yesterday. Looks like now that they've got a new tenant in the pub, the whole Shoal Harbour Marina site including the pub is for sale.

The Shoal Harbour Marina property includes a MARINA (excellent revenue with great upside), a MARINE PUB (the famous "BLUE PETER") with undeveloped OFF-SALES opportunity, a shop/ REVENUE BUILDING, excellent parking and residential/commercial DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL and EXPANSION of the existing dock facilities. This rare OCEANFRONT property with FORESHORE rights is central to the best cruising grounds in North America and is adjacent to VAN ISLE MARINA which is reputed to be B.C's largest full service marina. Cash in on this LICENSE TO PRINT MONEY. Ask me about a share sale, or SELLER FINANCING.

http://pembertonholm...etails-16036592

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

Sounds like it burned down last night.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#13 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

^ That's a real shame. The new operator was just starting to get it together after a few weeks of opening jitters.

#14 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

Sounds like it burned down last night.

What??? I was just there last weekend. Although the service was a bit slow, the food was very good. What a shame. I hope they can rebuild. It's a nice location that deserves a nice place to eat.

#15 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

I was there last weekend as well.

Hmmm nparker = spanky123?

Food was ok, service was super slow and the place was empty. Despite having been opened a month, they still only had "temporary" menus.

I liked the location and the ambience. I hope they rebuild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users