• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

What's your favourite?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hothouse in Vic west and Brickyard downtown.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hot House in Vic West is great.

I also like Hugo's pizza.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 bcradio

bcradio
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

Ali Baba's and Villages are among my favourites. I have to say, Balkan Pizza (on Burnside near Harriet) has got some great pizza too, and very affordable prices ($23 for two large).

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:18 PM

Hot House is owned by one of the (feuding) brothers that used to co-own Vilages.

Not coincidentally, HotHouse Marketing does their design, as they also did Villages.

http://www.hothousem...folio/branding/
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 bcradio

bcradio
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

I always thought that their logos were very similar. :-)

Hot House is owned by one of the (feuding) brothers that used to co-own Vilages.

Not coincidentally, HotHouse Marketing does their design, as they also did Villages.

http://www.hothousem...folio/branding/

#7 DelsterX

DelsterX
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

Mad Greeks on Goldstream Ave is good if you want a change from the same old.

#8 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

Romeo's on Hillside used to be my fave until they got all new chefs, and now it's one of the worst. I'm not sure about any of the other Romeo's though as i've never tried them. Brickyard is great, and I also enjoy Pizza Zone on Cook, they have the best value pizza.

Actually, there is a new place on Yates (across from A&B sound) that has 1$ pizza slices that seem to be better quality than Second Slice's (which isn't saying much...) but for those of us who like to save $$$, I'd recommend it.

#9 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

I had a million dollar pizza at the Baja Grill one time. But they haven't been able to duplicate the feat in three successive attempts.

#10 Walter Moar

Walter Moar
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:43 AM

Second Slice is the advertiser for this month's bus passes :lol:

#11 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:50 AM

Well for consistency I hope we see an outraged Councillor in the news. Or is it just unhealthy mega corporations that she is against.

It has a whole new look!

#12 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

The Joint on wharf is amazingly good, especially since they offer vegan cheese, and also offer the option of organic crusts.

I tend not to go for the hippie-dippie stuff, but their real pizza is quite good, and you don't have to order from somewhere else for the inevitable holier-than-thou in the crowd. ;)

#13 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:58 PM

Here's a curious research site apparently created by one of the Mavrikos boys:

http://www.geog.ubc.... ... /emavriko/
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:12 PM

Am I the only one who finds his population density chart to be supremely out of whack?

#15 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:19 PM

I'm presuming those numbers don't indicate density but rather the actual number of people who live in each of the little sections, yes?

#16 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

No Uvic is the densest part of Victoria didn't you know that?

It has a whole new look!

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

I'm guessing those are postal walks and indicate the number of residences. Most postal walks have 400-1200 homes (if it is just houses, then it is usually around 350).

Romeos Pizza has been in Victoria's food service market for more than thirty years. In this time it has since opened up a total of 6 restaurants at various locations along Vancouver Island. Romeos Pizza, hillside location, is the one of the latter 6 restaurants that has been researched for this project. Romeos Pizza Hillside was the first of this restaurant chain to open for business, and was done so by entrepreneur Steven Mavrikos. Over the years Romeos has fought off many competitors to stay in business, since, pizza delivery has turned into quite a competitive market. However, with the growing competition I believe that Romeos should start investigating their market in order to see where they can increase their delivery revenue and stay competitive with their competition. To do this I believe that they need to; figure out where their customer base is and find out the reasons why or why not these people are ordering from them?. So, this project gave me the opportunity to explore this phenomenon by being able to figure out where their customers live, how much income do they generate, what regions are most densely populated and the location of their competitors.

This kid is in 4th year and still writes this badly?

#18 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:26 PM

^Heh, I wasn't going to say. :)

My favourite pizza is the one I'm baking now!
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#19 Doc Sage

Doc Sage
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

Downtown, it's a toss between Brick Pizza and Ali Ba Ba Pizza.

Had a pizza at the Med Grill in Royal Oak today. Thin crust with good quality topping. I recommend.

Doc Sage

#20 valdez12

valdez12
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:56 AM

Ali Baba's and Villages are among my favourites. I have to say, Balkan Pizza (on Burnside near Harriet) has got some great pizza too, and very affordable prices ($23 for two large).

I've always wondered with a name like that if their pizza was good...

Alibaba's and Villages are the best in my books.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users