Photo

Go Canucks Go

• Please log in to reply
966 replies to this topic

#1 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

The Canucks will win the series against Chicago in 4 games. They will win tonight by a score of 4-2.

Any other predictions?

#2 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Yawn!

I should hope so. The Hawks aren't the team they were last year.

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

I predict I won't watch any of it but will be forced to endure loud honking while I try to sleep each time the Canucks win.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#4 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

I predict I won't watch any of it but will be forced to endure loud honking while I try to sleep each time the Canucks win.

OMG I was thinking exactly the same thing.

#5 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

I've never been a hockey fan (It's OK, I'm not a Canadian ;)) but I felt the need tonight to pull down the big screen and watch it.

Good game so far but it needs a few more goals me thinks.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#6 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

The Canucks will win the series against Chicago in 4 games. They will win tonight by a score of 4-2.

You obviously didn't factor in the goalposts, otherwise you might have nailed it.

#7 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Anyone from VV want to get together to watch a game somewhere?

#8 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Canucks will win tonight in overtime?

#9 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

Just as a reminder to everyone, it has been 96 years since Vancouver last won the Cup. Even more interesting is that the last city in BC to win the Cup was Victoria in 1925.

Victoria should prep for some sort of ceremonial thing to honour the new BC winner of the Cup coming from the last city to win it.

By the way, the 96 year Cup drought is the longest of any city that currently has an NHL team. Next closest are:

Ottawa - last cup 1927
St Louis - first NHL team in 1934 no cup
Toronto - last cup in 1967
LA - first in league 1968 no cup

#10 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

Just as a reminder to everyone, it has been 96 years since Vancouver last won the Cup. Even more interesting is that the last city in BC to win the Cup was Victoria in 1925.

Victoria should prep for some sort of ceremonial thing to honour the new BC winner of the Cup coming from the last city to win it.

By the way, the 96 year Cup drought is the longest of any city that currently has an NHL team. Next closest are:

Ottawa - last cup 1927
St Louis - first NHL team in 1934 no cup
Toronto - last cup in 1967
LA - first in league 1968 no cup

Pikers compared to the all-time futility champs the Chicago Cubs, last WS championship in 1908!:D

#11 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

That is baseball, they have no Cup they are playing for presented to the sport by the Crown.

#12 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

That is baseball, they have no Cup they are playing for presented to the sport by the Crown.

I know that. They are the all-time futility champs in any sport. Bernard, you should be ashamed of that sentence you wrote.

#13 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

Another win for the 'Nucks... Is this the year> (rhetorical question, not looking for answers, sometimes i just like to hear my own voice).

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

By the way, the 96 year Cup drought is the longest of any city that currently has an NHL team.

Yeah, but that's very misleading since no Vancouver-based team was contending for the Stanley Cup for 44 years of those 96. How can it be called a drought if they weren't even in contention for all that time? The interval between Stanley Cups in Vancouver has been 96 years but the actual drought (the period of active futility) has been only 52 years.

Prior to the Expos move, Washington, D.C. didn't have a team in contention for the World Series for some 35 years. A Washington-based team hasn't won the World Series since 1924. It's a similar situation to Vancouver: a long period of inactivity plus a long period of futility. The interval between World Series championships in Washington has been 87 years but the actual drought (the period of active futility) has been only 54 years.

#15 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

the period of active futility has been only 52 years.

I like how you say "only" 52 years. :D

I can out-pedantic you though!

The Canucks have only been in the NHL since 1970 which means their drought has actually been 40 years (i'm confident this will be season 41). Before that they were in the minors.
In chains by Keynes

#16 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

The Canucks will win tonight by one goal.

#17 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:50 AM

Anyone from VV want to get together to watch a game somewhere?

That's on my bucket list, to gather in a sports bar and watch a Canuck's game. I was in Boston pizza a year or two ago (during the playoffs) having dinner, when a loud cheer came booming through the restaurant from the bar. It sounded like a pile of fun.

Before I figured out what all the fuss was about the series was over and the Canucks were on the golf course.

If I remember correctly, the bar had a bunch of reserved signs at the tables, so I am assuming that it's not that easy to wander in as a group and just sit down.

Now that we are ahead by two, there has to be time to get organized somewhere and catch a game.

Count me in Dylan.....what's next?

#18 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

The Canucks will win tonight by one goal.

You nailed it. :D

#19 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

I know that. They are the all-time futility champs in any sport. Bernard, you should be ashamed of that sentence you wrote.

Yeah, I just read it again myself and boy was a I off form..... There is no defense other than I am working in my second language and if I do not pay attention my grammar and syntax fall to ****. You should hear me when I a tired and been drinking, I cease to make sense in English (though I am sure some of you say that about much of what I have to say)

#20 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:35 AM

Canucks will win tonight by two, the last one an empty net goal.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users