Photo

The Loghouse Pub | Langford | 2323 Millstream Rd.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

What the hell is up with the Loghouse lately? Up until very recently it was one of my favourite neighbourhood pubs. But the service seems to have taken a severe nosedive lately. My wife ordered cajun chicken nachos the other night. First time out they came without chicken. The second time the same plate came back with some chicken thrown on top. Not cajun, just regular. Third time out they had sprinkled cajun spice on top of everything (including cold chicken) and called it good. Never did it occur to anyone to start from scratch and get the order right. My wife was so disgusted she went without dinner. Thankfully they took the nachos off our cheque but the waitress didn't get a tip. It wasn't her fault, but she should've made sure the order was made correctly, especially the third time. Might be a while before we go back.

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

According to the pub's website Victoria realtor Ron Cheeke is still the owner.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

Apparently, from what I hear, there's been quite a few unhappy customers. I don't know if management has changed, or kitchen staff or what, but I've had about four bad experiences in a row. I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt by going back but I haven't been rewarded for my loyalty.

#4 VicBooster

VicBooster
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

As most vvers can attest I'm the first to complain about bad food sold at local restaurants and pubs and adding the Loghouse to the list comes as no surprise.

People in Victoria generally have no desire for better quality food at restaurants and pubs and usually take what they get without complaint. Most publicans have grown so complacent that they don't care about the quality of their food because it has no impact on their sales.

I can only think of a select few pubs in the city (fewer than five) that offer quality food and quality service. The rest are watering holes that will charge you top dollar for substandard fare.

#5 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Progress of New Loghouse Pub Beer/Wine store

Those laminated beams are $$$$$$$$$

#6 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

i saw thosee beams as i drove by and wondered why the the tops would be cut with an angle like that.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

^ ^ looks like they are banking on alcohol being more than just a passing fad.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

What the? Did they level the original pub???

#9 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

This is the new beer/wine store being constructed on site.

#10 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

What the? Did they level the original pub???

It's behind the current pub/liquor store. They razed a whole bunch of questionable properties and cleared trees on that site. I think it was also the employee "parking lot".

In somewhat related news, there is also some land clearing going on directly across the street there, next to the Co-op gas bar. Same deal - trailers and some old homes getting torn down, likely to make way for a small development of single-family units or townhouses. The property values at that intersection are probably spiking thanks to the spectre of that new strip mall going in on the southwest corner.
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#11 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Also likely (from recent reports) that this new construction is meant to host an on-site brewery :)

Always thought a brewpub out Westway would have possibilities. I think they're going to have to go upscale a bit to bring in the nouveau riche rather than the (stereotype ahoy) Western Speedway crowd.

#12 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Roof trusses are on parts of this building now and roof sheathing can't be far away

#13 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Also likely (from recent reports) that this new construction is meant to host an on-site brewery :)

Always thought a brewpub out Westway would have possibilities. I think they're going to have to go upscale a bit to bring in the nouveau riche rather than the (stereotype ahoy) Western Speedway crowd.

There's definitely a market out here. The Bin 4 on goldstream is always packed, and shows that if you provide a better option, people will come (my family included)

#14 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

#15 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Progress of New Loghouse Pub Beer/Wine store

Those laminated beams are $$$$$$$$$

#16 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

I wonder if it cost them more to get custom made glu-lams with it cut like that, then to get the carpenters to notch all the rafters...one of my teachers in school used to say for glu-lams, skinnier and deeper is cheaper.

#17 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Storefront window frames going in now at the part closest to Millstream

#18 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Cold Beer and wine store relocated to new building

Edited by jaylow, 11 December 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#19 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Was going to be called Liquor World but that name was taken so they decided to go with Liquor planet :)

• Matt R. likes this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#20 EskimoDave

EskimoDave
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

They have all the equipment for their brewery in storage currently.  Waiting on some kind of licensing or zoning.

http://beerontherock.com, a comprehensive Vancouver Island beer blog.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users