Photo

[Burnside/Gorge] Harjim Industrial Building

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

I believe Harjims Structural Steel company has merged with United Engineering and I see the Harjim building on Bay St and Rock Bay has been put up for sale and I saw a sold sign put up recently. Any word on who bought the property and what the plans are for it? I would think it would only be zoned industrial?

http://www2.canada.c...9b-18cc7038a229

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:08 AM

The Harjim building sold many, many months ago. I had no idea that the two companies merged -- certainly explains why the Harjim building was put on the market.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

^ I am not 100% sure but this could be a part of Ian Maxwell's expansion. He owns Ralmax, Point Hope Shipyards, United Engineering, and Island Plate and Steel. Perhaps Island Plate was connected to Harjims ?

#4 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Does anyone know who bought the blue Harjim buiding and what their plans are for it? Condos maybe or is it still going to be an industrial building? Would that property need to be rezoned for condos?

#5 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

Does anyone know who bought the blue Harjim buiding and what their plans are for it? Condos maybe or is it still going to be an industrial building? Would that property need to be rezoned for condos?

I hope the land is not re-zoned, we have no need of more land zoned for residential in the CRD. We have a desperate need to retain any and all land that is zoned industrial

#6 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

One of these days it's going to turn out Bernard is a huge industrial tycoon with plans for some massive city-spanning steel works or something, that's why we need to hold on to our industrial land there's apparently no current demand for.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#7 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

Here's the building - http://www.bing.com/... BC&form=LMLTCC

I don't think residential would be good here at all. I always close my car window as I drive down this span of Bay St. because of the dust generated by the gravel yards and trucks.

#8 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

I see the Harjim buildings windows are out and it looks gutted like it may be coming down soon? Anyone heard whats happening on that property?

#9 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,003 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

I think that Gabriel Ross is moving in from across the street.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

That's right.

Here's what the exterior will look like:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

That will be pretty neat as a furniture store.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users