Bin 4 Burger Lounge | Downtown Victoria, downtown Langford, Saanich, Vancouver

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

I popped in last night for dinner and have to give the place the thumbs up.

The fare was great and there were some 13 or 14 staff squeezed into what is a fairly small eatery. What I particularly liked was the attentiveness of the staff and the speed with which the food arrived.

One surprise was that if you order a drink (any drink, be it tea or a beer) the burger is half off after 9PM (at least that was the case on Friday night). This made the bill for two people at just over $20 with tax.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

Wow, that's good to know - great post-movie bite! I went about four days in and was really impressed with the quality and selection. I found the burger itself to be a little on the small side (something I've heard from others, too) - but I was definitely full by the end if it. I'll attribute that to the beer and Panko-breaded onion rings I has instead of the fries. Definitely some of the best onion rings in town.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Yup, I'll second the onion ring opinion. They were awesome.

My girlfriend's house salad was alright, too -- for anyone wondering about non-fried sides.

At half off after 9 you simply can't beat the price/quality ratio in this town.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Van

Van
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

I went here for lunch about a week after they opened. Was good, especially the bun, but other than that wasn't super memorable. I'd go back to check out some of the other burgers though, and I'd definitely go back for the 50% off burgers.

#5 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Woah great deal. Victoria is in some sort of hamburger paradise these months!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#6 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Went there when it opened and was impressed with the Elk Burger. The 50% off after 9pm deal is definitely worth going back for. Strange lounge-type feel for the location, but they seem to make it work.

#7 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

I got a Bin 4 Burger gift certificate at my staff Xmas party that I'm eager to use.

Shanghai Noodles, at the corner of Quadra and Queens is shut down.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#8 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

I got a Bin 4 Burger gift certificate at my staff Xmas party that I'm eager to use...

Based on my experience there the other night you'll be able to put that GC to good use.

#9 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Mrs Deeds and I went by on the weekend, there was a 45 minute wait that turned into an hour for people behind us. They took our cell # and gave us a call when the table was ready while we went for a walk. Burgers and fries were great but the onion rings didn't live up to the hype for me though. I suggest the Bison burger, it was fantastic! Reasonably priced for a fancy burger joint.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ended up here last night. I had the pre-season burger. It was good, but I think I'll be moving on to another menu item next time I drop in.

At about 7PM the place was packed but the rush had died down by about 8.

Coincidentally Solomon Siegel of Solomon's cocktail bar fame (Victoria's first-ever cocktail bar) and son of Howie Siegel came in and sat down next to us at the bar. He said it was his first go at the place.

Know it all.

#11 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,862 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

OT but Solomon will be taking over the bar and lounge at the Marriott, starting pretty soon from what I hear! Great lounge, methnks he will be a great fit, and right across the street from Clive's. :)

Matt.

#12 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

At about 7PM the place was packed but the rush had died down by about 8.

It gets packed again after 9. The last couple times I've gone I've made reservations because there end up being a line up for tables after 9.

#13 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

I guess it's called Bin 4 because Cabin 12 was taken?

Seriously, anyone know why it's called that?
In chains by Keynes

#14 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

I guess it's called Bin 4 because Cabin 12 was taken?

Seriously, anyone know why it's called that?

Bins are another name for wine racks above a bar. He likes wine and his favourite number is 4. Seriously. The could have just as easily called it (Dish)Rack 8 or (Cash)Register 3.

#15 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

^ Would you have preferred "Harris Green Inn"?

#16 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

^^At least it's memorable. Pop quiz: what was the name of the long-standing cafe that used to be in this location? Uhhhh....

See, told you.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

JB's Cafe!

Know it all.

#18 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Correct. But I will deduct one point for omitting the accent on the e.

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

No soup for you!

Know it all.

#20 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

I think this is new....Bin 4 now has there patio area separated from the sidewalk by about 6ft of glass

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users