• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

Are there any good neighbourhoods to tour this year for Christmas light displays?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2 VictoriaExplorer

VictoriaExplorer
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

I saw some good lights on the 1800 block of Townley the other day. The TC map is coming out this Friday too.

#3 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria VictoriaExplorer.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

The TC map is online now and will come out in print Sunday.  It's paywalled.

...and we are making one...

Here is a sneak peak at the 2014 Victoria Christmas Lights Tour Map!!

We still have more homes to add but feel free to browse and we are still accepting more entries!!! info@victoriabuzz.com

The blue arrows mean there is a photo to view. The red arrows are just street view of the homes but if you are in the area and can snap a photo for us, that would be wonderful!! All feedback is welcome. This is the first year we have done this and look forward to hearing from you!! 

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

...and we are making one...

Thank you!

#6 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

Offhand does anyone know of or point me in the direction of an area in the CRD where the old "CandyCane Lane" neighborhood theme has been re-created, ideally in the core, although beyond that is fine too?

The mother in law arrives on the 18th for ten days and we are trying to come up with activities both designed to get her out of the house and to entertain or amuse. Butchart's is out (we're doing that without her) and so is the Empress Christmas Tree display, so I figure driving around to see the light's is as likely an activity to resonate with her as any. Thanks all.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:54 PM

Offhand does anyone know of or point me in the direction of an area in the CRD where the old "CandyCane Lane" neighborhood theme has been re-created, ideally in the core, although beyond that is fine too?

The mother in law arrives on the 18th for ten days and we are trying to come up with activities both designed to get her out of the house and to entertain or amuse. Butchart's is out (we're doing that without her) and so is the Empress Christmas Tree display, so I figure driving around to see the light's is as likely an activity to resonate with her as any. Thanks all.

Out of Wilkinson is still good.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Roy Road isn't it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

Candy Cane lane used to be on Tattersall east of Blenkinsop but has been gone at least a decade.

Alan Road and Cherry Road and Ponderosa off of Wilkinson used to be good, but didn't do it last year.

Some of those no exit street are a pain if there is lots of traffic.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

Cherry Road, that's it.

There's also Wallaston in Esquimalt. Not sure if they do it every year though.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Burning electricity for outdoor lights then burning fuel to view them is pretty poor for the environment.
  • Matt R. likes this

#12 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

Burning electricity for outdoor lights then burning fuel to view them is pretty poor for the environment.

And for the neighbors who have to keep their windows closed while the cars and buses are spewing while idling by.

Do any of those homes roast chestnuts of give out hot chocolate anymore?

#13 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

Buzzkill.....I bet you're a ton of fun at Christmas :cheers: .

Although I get your meaning by the same token hopping on a jet to somewhere warm with white sandy beaches isn't great for the environment either.....but I'll bet most people on this forum do it nonetheless, and do so without a second thought. I will freely admit our family is guilty as charged both regarding our own extensive outside Christmas light show and the vacation/plane routine, usually twice a year for the latter.

• Nparker likes this

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

Buzzkill.....I bet you're a ton of fun at Christmas :cheers: .

Although I get your meaning by the same token hopping on a jet to somewhere warm with white sandy beaches isn't great for the environment either.....but I'll bet most people on this forum do it nonetheless, and do so without a second thought. I will freely admit our family is guilty as charged both regarding our own extensive outside Christmas light show and the vacation/plane routine, usually twice a year for the latter.

Ya, I'm only half serious.  Christmas (power consumption) brings out a lot of good.

• AllseeingEye and todd like this

#15 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

Christmas (power consumption) brings out a lot of good.

It's especially good for BC Hydro's bottom line.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#16 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:01 PM

Grosvenor at Cedar Hill Road

IMG_6295.jpg

• Mike K. likes this

#17 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:39 AM

Lansdowne Road by the golf course

IMG_1411.jpg

Fort & Foul Bay

IMG_1426.jpg

• Mike K. and sebberry like this

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

Isn't this contributing to climate change?

#19 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

Shhh!  We'll have light displays banned and the TC fined for publishing a map of the driving route.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#20 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:02 PM

I suppose it does because people are going to get into their cars and drive around idling in front of some ones Xmas light display.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users